Expired

Train tickets for a trip to Liverpool so expensive. Will it change?

Found 6th MarEdited by:"LeahsMintytoutou"
Hey everyone. I've booked a trip for end of may in Liverpool. I have done this a few times and each time train tickets have only cost me around £40 tops total for me and child with return included.

when I booked my hotel a couple months ago I checked trainline and the ticket prices were just over £107!
Ive waited and checked every few weeks since then and it's still saying the same price!! I'm shocked at the price increase and can't understand why it's costing so much.
I went in summer last year and winter and it cost £40 total each time.

Any body know how I can get from Hull to Liverpool cheaper then £107
is it likely to go down in price closer to the time?
thankyou
Community Updates
AskTravel
12 Comments
Cheap ones usually go on sale 12 weeks before travel. I wonder if there is some event on the day you are travelling that means they all sold out quickly.

From my experience they usually go up as the date approaches, not down.

Have you tried getting two shorter journeys like Hull to Leeds/York then a separate booking onwards to Liverpool ?

Good Luck.
generationz3 m ago

Cheap ones usually go on sale 12 weeks before travel. I wonder if there is …Cheap ones usually go on sale 12 weeks before travel. I wonder if there is some event on the day you are travelling that means they all sold out quickly.From my experience they usually go up as the date approaches, not down.Have you tried getting two shorter journeys like Hull to Leeds/York then a separate booking onwards to Liverpool ?Good Luck.

Thankyou no I havnt tried shorter journeys. I'll have a little play about now and see what I can come up with. I have noticed on the tickets I found for £107 there's 3-4 changes and it's usually only one change weird. Thanks for your reply.
In my experience it is cheaper to buy single tickets(advance preferably) from each train company
for each leg of the journey

Don't forget buying from the train companies usually means no booking fee and free delivery
also maybe nectar points and /cashback

Have you considered buying a railcard ?

Finally if you have tesco clubcards saved up you can double them up for half price fare and redspottedhanky
but I wouldn't do that now as they will very probably go triple in June
Wongy11017 m ago

In my experience it is cheaper to buy single tickets(advance preferably) …In my experience it is cheaper to buy single tickets(advance preferably) from each train company for each leg of the journey Don't forget buying from the train companies usually means no booking fee and free deliveryalso maybe nectar points and /cashbackHave you considered buying a railcard ?Finally if you have tesco clubcards saved up you can double them up for half price fare and redspottedhankybut I wouldn't do that now as they will very probably go triple in June

Thankyou wongy, I think I've figured a much cheaper journey. Doing Hull to Leeds on Mega bus then Leeds to Liverpool on National express. Think it will cost around £40 with return included much better eh
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 6th Mar
Yeah just had a play the main problem here you are trying to but your tickets to soon
the advance ones don't go on sale for a week maybe two yet
Wongy1105 m ago

Yeah just had a play the main problem here you are trying to but your …Yeah just had a play the main problem here you are trying to but your tickets to soonthe advance ones don't go on sale for a week maybe two yet

I'm going to keep checking train prices every few days to see if they go down as it's too early to book the mega bus journey yet. Thanks for your help
LeahsMintytoutou7 m ago

I'm going to keep checking train prices every few days to see if they go …I'm going to keep checking train prices every few days to see if they go down as it's too early to book the mega bus journey yet. Thanks for your help

yeah that is what I do right pain
HTH I had to check myself anyway
33388031-nG33A.jpg

summerof761 h, 11 m ago

[Image]

Don't worry Deeky, I'll save you from summer

33390374-MamjL.jpg
summerof763 h, 50 m ago

[Image]

T O P 10 A N I M E D E A T H S
Edited by: "Norseg" 7th Mar
Post a comment