Train tickets to the beach from London HELP?!

Found 2nd Jul
Hello HUKD,

I’m looking to go to the beach this week by train. Preferably a sandy beach.

What’s the best beach to go from London by rail ?
I’m not looking to go to Brighton been there too many times

Thanks !
Community Updates
AskLondonTrain
17 Comments
Bournemouth?
Penzance from Paddington
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 2nd Jul
More seriously camber sands
chuckiedoll44 m ago

Bournemouth?

Really expensive tickets unfortunately
Plenty to choose, eg Christchurch, Bournemouth, Swanage or Weymouth from Waterloo (SouthWestern). Weston-super-Mare from Paddington.
If it were me, I'd probably head for Weymouth as the station is an easy walk to the beach and it may be less crowded than Bournemouth.
Southend? About an hour away on C2C
Might be cheaper to fly somewhere
I'd say Frinton on Sea , you can do it from Liverpool Street in an hour and a half if you get your timings right. Lovely sandy beach , walk along the front to Walton in one direction or Clacton in the other, both with piers etc . Southend is popular for people coming in from London but the beach actually in Southend is pebbly and not the best , you can do longer walks out to sandier stretches, but then you loose any amenities
Don't know how easy it is to get to by train but ramsgate is gorgeous and the beach is sooooo clean.

I would give southend a miss unless you like pebbles its horrible.
Sorry for hijacking the thread, what's the best and nearest sandy beach from Northwest London. Consider Wales out as lived there for 12 years and pretty much did most beaches.

Thanks
Folkestone, good beach, crap town!
My favourite beach would be West Wittering. You can google to find more details. I always drive, but you could take the train to Chichester and then take a taxi or local bus to the beach.
Margate got nice clean beach
Just go to the River Thames at low tide and you'll find a beach.
adhkarzf2 h, 22 m ago

Don't know how easy it is to get to by train but ramsgate is gorgeous and …Don't know how easy it is to get to by train but ramsgate is gorgeous and the beach is sooooo clean.I would give southend a miss unless you like pebbles its horrible.

You aren't wrong, Southend beach!

34215709-cUJJo.jpg
rambobambo2 h, 16 m ago

Sorry for hijacking the thread, what's the best and nearest sandy beach …Sorry for hijacking the thread, what's the best and nearest sandy beach from Northwest London. Consider Wales out as lived there for 12 years and pretty much did most beaches.Thanks

Bournemouth
Thanks Chocci
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants