Groups

Train to Birmingham

Hi does anyone know the best train station to book to when going to Birmingham (Closest to shops and Christmas Markets)? Thanks

30 Comments

New Street is the main Brum station

Original Poster

archer1204

New Street is the main Brum station

I thought it was, but just searched for train times and it gave different stations and it threw me. Thanks

shywallflower

I thought it was, but just searched for train times and it gave different … I thought it was, but just searched for train times and it gave different stations and it threw me. Thanks

Where you looking at travelling from and are you going today

New Street or Moor Street both in the City Centre.

Birmingham New Street Station is right in the centre with shops inside of the station and is 2 to 5 minuet walk from the German Market and Bull Ring shops.

New street is closer

Why would a Shy Wall Flower want to go to Twonk City? You'll wither in no time!

New Street station. Take the new street exit as there are a few ways out which you won't want. Big food hall Above new Street station. Nice... You will be in the middle of new Street so take a right for Bull ring and then the rag market behind. If you come out of station on to new Street and turn left that's the library. Symphony Hall. I would go right and walk to Bull ring and rag market then come back up new Street if you have the time

Original Poster

archer1204

Where you looking at travelling from and are you going today

Yes, going now, thanks for your help

Original Poster

sminky

New Street or Moor Street both in the City Centre.

Thank you

Original Poster

noddle36

Birmingham New Street Station is right in the centre with shops inside of … Birmingham New Street Station is right in the centre with shops inside of the station and is 2 to 5 minuet walk from the German Market and Bull Ring shops.

Thanks for the info

Original Poster

collo

New street is closer

Thanks

Original Poster

wayners

New Street station. Take the new street exit as there are a few ways out … New Street station. Take the new street exit as there are a few ways out which you won't want. Big food hall Above new Street station. Nice... You will be in the middle of new Street so take a right for Bull ring and then the rag market behind. If you come out of station on to new Street and turn left that's the library. Symphony Hall. I would go right and walk to Bull ring and rag market then come back up new Street if you have the time

Thanks for taking the time for replying, most useful, thank you, much appreciated.

Original Poster

[quote=RS1986]Why would a Shy Wall Flower want to go to Twonk City? You'll wither in no time![/quote
    Getting funny looks, here, just laughed out loud

I'd say Torquay is about as close to Birmingham as you want to get.

Original Poster

apocalypsenow

I'd say Torquay is about as close to Birmingham as you want to get.

Now now, be nice!:D

shywallflower

Now now, be nice!:D

Banned

Birmingham new Street is a dump, hardly any seats and worst of all, it's in Birmingham.

Original Poster

WonkyDoctor

Birmingham new Street is a dump, hardly any seats and worst of all, it's … Birmingham new Street is a dump, hardly any seats and worst of all, it's in Birmingham.

Really? I thought it had all been refurbished recently?

shywallflower

[quote=RS1986]Why would a Shy Wall Flower want to go to Twonk City? … [quote=RS1986]Why would a Shy Wall Flower want to go to Twonk City? You'll wither in no time![/quoteGetting funny looks, here, just laughed out loud

And yet some bitter Blue Nose has down-voted my comment

Edit: 2 Blue Noses! the City of Birmingham will be on this thread in force making a fuss soon enough

"yowm cor say that about our loverly citay ay, yowm not from round ere am yowm"
    Edited by: "RS1986" 17th Dec 2016

Banned

shywallflower

Really? I thought it had all been refurbished recently?

If by refurbished you mean rip all the seats out and throw a lick of paint about, then yeah it has. All they've really done is streamline the flow of traffic and add shops.

Original Poster

WonkyDoctor

If by refurbished you mean rip all the seats out and throw a lick of … If by refurbished you mean rip all the seats out and throw a lick of paint about, then yeah it has. All they've really done is streamline the flow of traffic and add shops.

Oh well, I'll give it a go, thanks

Original Poster

RS1986

And yet some bitter Blue Nose has down-voted my comment ;)Edit: 2 Blue … And yet some bitter Blue Nose has down-voted my comment ;)Edit: 2 Blue Noses! the City of Birmingham will be on this thread in force making a fuss soon enough"yowm cor say that about our loverly citay ay, yowm not from round ere am yowm"

I love the Brum accent, haven't been in ages though so thought I'd give it a whirl and visit the Christmas markets.

Banned

I hate the brummie accent, to my ears it just comes across as they're mentally deficient.

shywallflower

I love the Brum accent, haven't been in ages though so thought I'd give … I love the Brum accent, haven't been in ages though so thought I'd give it a whirl and visit the Christmas markets.

If you like good eats, I know I certainly do, Talk of the Town on Martineau Place cooks some excellent Caribbean fare.

Love some good cooked mutton and dumpling!

WonkyDoctor

I hate the brummie accent, to my ears it just comes across as they're … I hate the brummie accent, to my ears it just comes across as they're mentally deficient.

And I suppose your accent is perfect.

Banned

gdale1

And I suppose your accent is perfect.

Obviously.

whenever I go to New Street station I can never find the train times or platforms. or where the trains go from - is it upstairs or downstairs. I now know it's downstairs but I have never been in such a disorganised station.

WonkyDoctor

Obviously.

Thought it might be.

There are 3 train stations there is new street, moor street and snow hill station, new street is in the centre, moor street is at the back of the bull ring and snow hill is a 2 min walk to the shops, hope this helps,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      3. love affairs912
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions