Groups
    EXPIRED

Train Travel & Rail Card

Friends,
    there is so much information in moneysavingexpert about train travel, but lazy to go thru everyone..

a simple question.. if i'm over 26 and below 60 years..
    any railcard available or any methods available to reduce my overall train cost.
    a. I approximately travel 25 times an year from So'ton to London
    b. I'm aware of network railcard and already using this (1/3 cost in SE and london)
    c. no break journeys in this route..

any better way to reduce the traincost given the above conditions?

5 Comments

join the army?

Original Poster

Mclovin

join the army?

better ones now

I seem to remember there being a price war on that route, first thing i would try is Megabus/train, then failing that, the other bus companies....National Express and Greyhound UK.

If you travel by train you can earn a whopping 2.4%quidco through the south west train website

Original Poster

wobinb

I seem to remember there being a price war on that route, first thing i … I seem to remember there being a price war on that route, first thing i would try is Megabus/train, then failing that, the other bus companies....National Express and Greyhound UK.If you travel by train you can earn a whopping 2.4%quidco through the south west train website

thanks mate.. put a like on the comment

can you book in advance - thats usually cheaper isn't it ? Also - i know it sonds daft - but have you looked at flying - sometimes you can get really cheap deals if you book in advance ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Valspar paint11
      2. Private Number Plate11
      3. Raspberry pi as router for vpn24
      4. Xbox One Ex HDD Help11

See more discussions