Trainline BEWARE of scam

Found 22nd May 2015
A heads up - to help others...

My student son bought a train ticket on trainline.com and "checked" a box for a discount - This led to a monthly payment to COMPLETESAVE.CO.UK which offers useless inactive discounts and are Swiss based... It takes £15 a month off you WITHOUT your realising...

On his bank statement it shows "INT'L with a number next to it", just like Paypal transactions, only when you drill in do you see it is completesave.

Just to make you aware.. plenty of people ripped off by these people and Trainline.com should be ashamed. Apparently, National Express is also doing this!

Also get your student sons to ruddy check their statements properly!

36 Comments

Hey.

Book directly with the train providers companies, avoids all this third party add on's and also no booking fee taken, as TrainLine take £1 books few I believe.

Thanks for the heads up -- that really is appalling. So sorry to hear that happened to your son, but at least your post should help others.

The page looks like this: one-time-offer.com/sol…asp

http://i.imgur.com/SYgn5xR.png

Here is the advert in the emailed receipt.

I think it also appears on the webpage after checkout.
Edited by: "PhearFactor" 22nd May 2015

All services were cancelled between Petersborough and somewhere in London.
I paid over £30 at the time for a ticket from Nottingham back home. It was all over the national news about how everybodys journeys were affected.

Thetrainline refused to refund until I posted my ticket back to them - even though it was impossible to travel.
I posted the ticket back, and then they claimed they never received it so refused to refund the £30 journey.

And yes, I still hold this grudge a couple of years on - complete scammers

PhearFactor

The page looks like this: … The page looks like this: https://one-time-offer.com/sol7/thetrainline_uk/sb190123/promo.aspHere is the advert in the emailed receipt.I think it also appears on the webpage after checkout.

If people do not read the terms and conditions that they accept when they do this then they only have themselves to blame imo.

cdm22

If people do not read the terms and conditions that they accept when they … If people do not read the terms and conditions that they accept when they do this then they only have themselves to blame imo.

Perhaps - but this one looks pretty legit, almost as if it's not an advert at all but part of the actual site. I've seen it on various sites.

you need ot be really careful when it comes to signing anything. alway read the small print.
also thanx for letting others aware mate
Edited by: "kevin122" 22nd May 2015

Well, the form does ask for your payment details. Chances are, 99% of the time, if someone is asking you for a method of payment, they're going to be utilising it as some stage!

Be interesting to know if anyone has had the £15 out of these guys using the 30 day free trail.

TiscaliSurvivor

It takes £15 a month off you WITHOUT your realising...

It takes £15 a month off you WITHOUT you realising as he didn't read the T&Cs and he thought he could get something for nothing...

Hardly a scam, like you have said - your son checked the box.

Original Poster

I am only warning people - if you enjoy being holier than though, then don't expect friends later

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FIByopvD274/U1AUfe3IIzI/AAAAAAAAOAU/6qa6I0rLRss/s1600/wtf.gif

Original Poster

transit

Well done, extremely constructive... Why the government let Derek like you out of asylums I'll never know.

TiscaliSurvivor

Well done, extremely constructive... Why the government let Derek like … Well done, extremely constructive... Why the government let Derek like you out of asylums I'll never know.

Ahhhh ok, well if you're going down this adult route i hate to tell you - it was your son that left the asylum door open.

Original Poster

transit

Ahhhh ok, well if you're going down this adult route i hate to tell you - … Ahhhh ok, well if you're going down this adult route i hate to tell you - it was your son that left the asylum door open.

Sorry I thought it was self-portrait of you.. Benny Hill dies a very sick and lonely man ... I was just being supportative.

If you are even slightly capable of rational thought then check out the 6 pages on this from complaintsboard.com/com…tml

TiscaliSurvivor

Sorry I thought it was self-portrait of you.. Benny Hill dies a very sick … Sorry I thought it was self-portrait of you.. Benny Hill dies a very sick and lonely man ... I was just being supportative. If you are even slightly capable of rational thought then check out the 6 pages on this from http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/complete-save-unauthorized-charges-c605910.html

Wow Ive certainly turned a switch on here haven't i? X)

Now i understand, i see you have history.............

hotukdeals.com/mis…e=4

Edited by: "transit" 22nd May 2015

Original Poster

transit

Wow Ive certainly turned a switch on here haven't i? X)

I only bothered to post it to help others and when people go sarccy for no reason then they get what they deserve. BUT transit, you have posted some great deals on HUKD and have helped many people save money and put in personal effort over the years - so I 100% apologise for over reacting, you are one of the good guys NOT a sniper - sorry

Original Poster

transit

Wow Ive certainly turned a switch on here haven't i? X)Now i … Wow Ive certainly turned a switch on here haven't i? X)Now i understand, i see you have history.............http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/tradesman-refuses-work-house-tagged-blacklisted-possible-1379612?page=4#comments

I prefer to call it integrity...

TiscaliSurvivor

I only bothered to post it to help others and when people go sarccy for … I only bothered to post it to help others and when people go sarccy for no reason then they get what they deserve. BUT transit, you have posted some great deals on HUKD and have helped many people save money and put in personal effort over the years - so I 100% apologise for over reacting, you are one of the good guys NOT a sniper - sorry

Apology accepted

The monthly charge should be on the main page, i think TS might be interested in this.

I get this message every time I use Trainline. I just ignore it. Can't you talk to the bank about cancelling it?

Hopefully your son is a primary school student, they're not bright enough for anything else, it isn't a scam, it's a case of someone who's too stupid to read what they're signing up to. It tells you it's a subscription of you read the t&cs, I'm sure last time we had this thread it does actually say it on one of the pages as well, and why would they need payment details otherwise.

Original Poster

raptorcigs

The monthly charge should be on the main page, i think TS might be … The monthly charge should be on the main page, i think TS might be interested in this.

What's TS please?

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Hopefully your son is a primary school student, they're not bright enough … Hopefully your son is a primary school student, they're not bright enough for anything else, it isn't a scam, it's a case of someone who's too stupid to read what they're signing up to. It tells you it's a subscription of you read the t&cs, I'm sure last time we had this thread it does actually say it on one of the pages as well, and why would they need payment details otherwise.

Conjecturing about the age or stupidity of the respondees was not the reason for my post (In my post I already stated my son was ruddy stupid) - IT WAS TO SIMPLY ALERT OTHERS.... You clearly feel your wisdom and insight on todays younger generation is very valid and useful to all of HUKD and indeed entire nation so do please post them to complaintsboard.com/com…tml and educate the 6 pages of "obvious" primary school children have seen £1,000s taken out of their "under 12" bank accounts.

TiscaliSurvivor

What's TS please?

Trading Standards

On the main sign up page i just looked at it mentions the £15 fee 6 times how can any one not see that.? It is not even hidden away.

Schemes like this work because people no longer check out T&Cs knowing that they can go whinning to various sites saying they have been scammed and how rotten these people are having already spent the free £10 they got and now wanting to get out of the clear commitments they signed up for.

Original Poster

newbie1001

On the main sign up page i just looked at it mentions the £15 fee 6 times … On the main sign up page i just looked at it mentions the £15 fee 6 times how can any one not see that.? It is not even hidden away.Schemes like this work because people no longer check out T&Cs knowing that they can go whinning to various sites saying they have been scammed and how rotten these people are having already spent the free £10 they got and now wanting to get out of the clear commitments they signed up for.

Not an IQ test... It was 11 months ago when he fell for it... they do use others... just warning people to be on their toes... Don't you think it sneaky that their payments are not "comparesave" but "Int'l 12367" or similar?

ShoppersDiscount is another service like this, so avoid it if you see it.

TiscaliSurvivor

Not an IQ test... It was 11 months ago when he fell for it... they do use … Not an IQ test... It was 11 months ago when he fell for it... they do use others... just warning people to be on their toes... Don't you think it sneaky that their payments are not "comparesave" but "Int'l 12367" or similar?

are you saying he's paid £15/month for 11 months and only just noticed it leaving his bank account..?

Original Poster

dataload

are you saying he's paid £15/month for 11 months and only just noticed it … are you saying he's paid £15/month for 11 months and only just noticed it leaving his bank account..?

You are right - hence my warning - But if you use paypal a lot then you'd see "Int'l 1234..." and these guys are hiding behind the same description...

TiscaliSurvivor

You are right - hence my warning - But if you use paypal a lot then you'd … You are right - hence my warning - But if you use paypal a lot then you'd see "Int'l 1234..." and these guys are hiding behind the same description...

so what did he think the £15 a month leaving his account...each month..for almost a year... was for?

Original Poster

dataload

so what did he think the £15 a month leaving his account...each … so what did he think the £15 a month leaving his account...each month..for almost a year... was for?

Well, I have never studied neurology or psychology to understand what he thought but am pleased to note you are fascinated by this branch of science - I said in my post he was an idiot, I said in my post be warned so what is your point??? ... perhaps in future I should share blood type, genetic fingerprint and sperm count to really liven up things.

Banned

To be fair it clearly states "claim £10 cashback voucher when you JOIN Complete Savings terms and conditions apply"

Some would say a person has to much money or no respect for money if they didnt notice for 11 months.

I have used trainline many times and have seen the same thing but was never stupid enough to check it because its obvious as to what it is and I'm pretty retarded.

Not a Scam and maybe its really helpful to some people that travel lots.

Banned

A lot of companies do the same

TiscaliSurvivor

Don't you think it sneaky that their payments are not "comparesave" but … Don't you think it sneaky that their payments are not "comparesave" but "Int'l 12367" or similar?

Original Poster

bazzamone

To be fair it clearly states "claim £10 cashback voucher when you JOIN … To be fair it clearly states "claim £10 cashback voucher when you JOIN Complete Savings terms and conditions apply"Some would say a person has to much money or no respect for money if they didnt notice for 11 months.I have used trainline many times and have seen the same thing but was never stupid enough to check it because its obvious as to what it is and I'm pretty retarded.Not a Scam and maybe its really helpful to some people that travel lots.

I am sure you are not retarded...

Banned

TiscaliSurvivor

I am sure you are not retarded...

Shows what you know, now I understand a bit more why your son fell for it X)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions