Groups

Trains from Glasgow to Reading?

We are thinking of having the in-laws down for Christmas and I was looking at train fares from Glasgow to London coming down on 23 Dec going back on 30 Dec but it is coming up with over £200 for the two of them!! I have seen somewhere about splitting the journey to get a cheaper deal, does anyone know anything about this? They are in their 70s and I think they would rather come cross country than via London and it is probably better to avoid too many changes!
    Any thoughts and ideas appreciated.

3 Comments

there was a thread yesterday about trainline.com and how the prices quoted now are the most expensive, and that they release cheep tickets closer to the date of travel

hotukdeals.com/ite…am/

You can break it up Glasgow-London and London-Reading which should save you a bit. But, advance fares are only available for 23 December, not 30 December. This link shows current available advance fares dates (because you have to reserve a seat to get cheapest fares).

virgintrains.co.uk/buy…spx

Might be worth waiting to see when 30 December is released although as it's Xmas/New Year, they may not release any tickets at all. It could be cheaper to fly. :whistling:

Original Poster

Thanks for the tips, I hadn't seen that post about cheap fares being available later so I may hang on a bit, I have looked at flights and at the moment they are also around the £200 mark... HAPPY CHRISTMAS one and all :santa:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest Fifa 18 Digital code?11
      2. Beer experts help required!22
      3. What will £250 get me second hand mobile66
      4. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother78

See more discussions