Groups

trampoline question

I've just noticed the kids trampoline has a hole in it (neighbours shed caught fire and I'm guessing the hot ash landed on it) the hole is about half the size of a 5p so not big but do you think it'' get bigger the more the kids bounce on it??? its melted the edges of the hole so I'm guessing it should be ok? also theres a bigger hole in the enclosure, a bit bigger than a 50p, which is also melted at the edges but Im not worried about this one.
    does anyone know if you can get a repair kit or something similar for it please or do ya reckon itll be ok?

27 Comments

i dunno really i can imagine with the kids bouncing on it the hole would get larger as it'll be the weakest point....

I'd be nervous letting them play on it xxx

Would have thought the trampoline one will get bigger with use.

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6724013

i dunno really i can imagine wiyh the kids bouncing on it the hole would … i dunno really i can imagine wiyh the kids bouncing on it the hole would get larger as it'll be the weakest point.... I'd be nervous letting them play on it xxx

thats what I think, the more they bounce the hole may stretch? :thinking: I know its only tiny now but could it tear? xx

We have had a hole (the size of a 50p) since Bonfire night about three years ago and despite heavy use it has remained the same size! Hope that helps.

ClarityofMind;6724013

i dunno really i can imagine wiyh the kids bouncing on it the hole would … i dunno really i can imagine wiyh the kids bouncing on it the hole would get larger as it'll be the weakest point.... I'd be nervous letting them play on it xxx

+1

Original Poster

Nitro111;6724046

We have had a hole (the size of a 50p) since Bonfire night about three … We have had a hole (the size of a 50p) since Bonfire night about three years ago and despite heavy use it has remained the same size! Hope that helps.

ah thats put my mind at rest a little ta xx I was worried that theyd do a big bounce 1 day and end up hitting the patio :w00t:

Check the trampoline bed (sometimes known as a trampoline mat) for holes and tears. Autumn and spring bonfires can take their toll as can falling embers from Guy Fawkes Fireworks. Not to mention flying roof tiles and other items blown acroos your garden in winter gales. If your trampoline bed has a hole in it big enough to put a small finger through then it should be replaced.

from supertrampdirect.co.uk/inf…74/

yer my mate has a trampoline with a hole, its fine as the tension is on the springs not the material

Cluffy321;6724077

yer my mate has a trampoline with a hole, its fine as the tension is on … yer my mate has a trampoline with a hole, its fine as the tension is on the springs not the material

+1

I'd at least stick something over the hole in case a toe / finger goes down it whilst jumping.

Original Poster

christuttiett;6724072

Check the trampoline bed (sometimes known as a trampoline mat) for holes … Check the trampoline bed (sometimes known as a trampoline mat) for holes and tears. Autumn and spring bonfires can take their toll as can falling embers from Guy Fawkes Fireworks. Not to mention flying roof tiles and other items blown acroos your garden in winter gales. If your trampoline bed has a hole in it big enough to put a small finger through then it should be replaced.from http://www.supertrampdirect.co.uk/information/maintaining-your-trampoline/74/

thanks for that, hole is about size of the tip of my little finger (if I squish my finger a bit)

I'll see what their dad reckons when he gets home

Cluffy321;6724077

yer my mate has a trampoline with a hole, its fine as the tension is on … yer my mate has a trampoline with a hole, its fine as the tension is on the springs not the material

thanks for all your advice everyone x:)

Original Poster

greg_68;6724116

I'd at least stick something over the hole in case a toe / finger goes … I'd at least stick something over the hole in case a toe / finger goes down it whilst jumping.

good idea ta xx

personally I'd claim from your neighbours insurance policy. Contact your home insurance about how to deal with it but you should get it replaced as it's not safe and it shouldn't come out of your pocket.

Original Poster

unseenangelwings;6724242

personally I'd claim from your neighbours insurance policy. Contact your … personally I'd claim from your neighbours insurance policy. Contact your home insurance about how to deal with it but you should get it replaced as it's not safe and it shouldn't come out of your pocket.

you're probably right but I'd feel awkward :oops: I think he's got enough on his plate sorting out all the damage to his property. there's some people in white suits there now sorting stuff out.
    also I'm not sure I could prove it was caused by his fire :-(

I used to have a trampolione and had the exact same problem. Mine had two small holes in it and was absolutely fine! I only ever had to replace the springs as they wore out after a few years... I never got off the thing!!!!

whatsThePoint;6724409

I'd get a new one but it depends what value you put on your kids, most … I'd get a new one but it depends what value you put on your kids, most places are selling trampolines off cheap at the moment and just because some peoples damaged trampoline has been OK doesn't mean yours willI'm sure A&E has had loads of people in where they thought a hole would be finehttp://www.newschoolers.com/web/forums/readthread/thread_id/489155/

That's absolutely ridiculous! I should imagine her children are only young and therefore small. I've had 6 people bouncing up and down on mine with holes in and it was fine for 3 years until we gave it to the neighbours and they are STILL using it a mere 4 years later!!! You can't guilt the poor woman into buying a whole new trampoline for heavens sake, mine cost almost £600 and there's no need to spend that money on replacing a perfectly working item! If she's really worried she should just buy a new bed but there's absolutely no need whatsoever!

if it were me i'd be whacking the patch out of a bike puncture repair kit over it :P

whatsThePoint;6724409

I'd get a new one but it depends what value you put on your kids, most … I'd get a new one but it depends what value you put on your kids, most places are selling trampolines off cheap at the moment and just because some peoples damaged trampoline has been OK doesn't mean yours willI'm sure A&E has had loads of people in where they thought a hole would be finehttp://www.newschoolers.com/web/forums/readthread/thread_id/489155/

Thats a bit OTT in my opinion! :whistling:

I normally would say chance it, but seeing as a mate of mine, has become a world renowned expert in arm injuries and bone breaks in children, all caused by trampolines, I would say get your neighbour to replace.

stitch it up with some fishing line. :roll:
    just keep an eye on it, if it increases in size look at replacing it then, it wont just tear right open, there a lot stronger than that.

whatsThePoint;6725124

So you've inspected all the accidents caused by trampolines to justify … So you've inspected all the accidents caused by trampolines to justify what your on aboutCan you show us all your findings as well?

If you want any x-ray images of severe bone breaks caused by trampoline accidents give me a shout, I have some crackers.

You can just buy a new jump mat you don't have to replace the whole trampoline. If it looks like the neighbours are going through there insurance anyway you should def have a word with them its not going to make much difference to add your trampoline to thier claim.

whatsThePoint;6725124

So you've inspected all the accidents caused by trampolines to justify … So you've inspected all the accidents caused by trampolines to justify what your on aboutCan you show us all your findings as well?

I don't NEED to inspect accidents! I used to do trampolining competitively until a few years ago and at 18 I have no doubt I was heavier than her children. The trampoline has been used daily for 5 years AFTER the holes were created by all the neighbour's children and they're not dead for heaven's sake. Stop being a drama queen... People wrap their children up in cotton wool too much. What's the worst that could happen even if it did tear? It's not like they'd go through it!! If it tore on impact all it would do is MAYBE graze a foot at the worst! I've seen FAR worse injuries from people getting fingers caught in the springs and jumping straight off the side! Stop trying to make the OP feel guilty.

whatsThePoint;6724409

major overkill.......trampolines are sturdy things anyway,a couple of small holes will have no effect,only a problem if they start increasing in size

Cluffy321;6724077

the tension is on the springs not the material

know what you mean but lol

op ours is fine, been about a year....

ours had a hole about size of 5p, we had for 2 years never got any bigger, still being used by ny great nieces after another year or so

Hi OP

I havent read through any of the replies so apologies if this has been suggested......................

My trampoline got a teeny wee hole about size of 5p piece about two years ago. I stuck some heavy masking tape on both sides and it is still fine two summers later. Tape is the mega thick sticky stuff and it worked a treat and cheap to buy
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Feels weird!612
      2. Tower Hill Station - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)77
      3. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …56
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927381

See more discussions