Groups

Transfer Deadline Day!!!!

So.... Who do you want out and who do you want in?

150 Comments

Original Poster

Spector out

Right Back and goal scoring Striker desperately needed.

Robbie Keane is being linked with West Ham and i have to say i would quite like him to come, proven goal scorer which is what we need.

Anyone will do at right back as long as they are a natural right back, we haven't had one since Lucas Neil left over a year ago now

Nottingham Forest

Pratley (Maybe) and Whittingham (fat chance) in would be nice, Maybe another centre half too would be good.

Although as previous transfer deadlines have gone without Forest doing any business I cant see us getting anyone new. We should not be relying on loans if we have any playoff aspirations.

Banned

Rumours Scott loach at Watford is on a move to man city involving 2 million and one of there goalies. I would be extremly happy with that

Transfer deadlines are usually very quiet on the whole lately, can't see Villa signing anyone in their current position although we desperately need a central midfielder and a striker.

Maybe Moyes will be the shock transfer of the week?

Adebeyor to Spurs would be a bit of a shock and wouln't be suprised to see a bid for Ashley Young come in.

Edited by: "greg_68" 31st Aug 2010

We (Liverpool) still need a striker lol, I would like to see Milan grab robinho too X)

Original Poster

DJNG22

Nottingham ForestPratley (Maybe) and Whittingham (fat chance) in would be … Nottingham ForestPratley (Maybe) and Whittingham (fat chance) in would be nice, Maybe another centre half too would be good.Although as previous transfer deadlines have gone without Forest doing any business I cant see us getting anyone new. We should not be relying on loans if we have any playoff aspirations.

Just read on BBC site that Forest have got a transfer panel, whats all that about?

riteondeals

Rumours Scott loach at Watford is on a move to man city involving 2 … Rumours Scott loach at Watford is on a move to man city involving 2 million and one of there goalies. I would be extremly happy with that

Do you know what keeper? Might be much needed money for Watford

Original Poster

greg_68

Transfer deadlines are usually very quiet on the whole lately, can't see … Transfer deadlines are usually very quiet on the whole lately, can't see Villa signing anyone in their current position although we desperately need a central midfileder and a striker.Maybe Moyes will be the shock transfer of the week?

That wouldn't surprise me at all

micoo

We (Liverpool) still need a striker lol, I would like to see Milan grab … We (Liverpool) still need a striker lol, I would like to see Milan grab robinho too X)

You've got Torres, stop being greedy.

caughtoffside.com/201…en/
    That would be a ridiculous signing
    Edited by: "Starr" 31st Aug 2010

Banned

riteondeals

Rumours Scott loach at Watford is on a move to man city involving 2 … Rumours Scott loach at Watford is on a move to man city involving 2 million and one of there goalies. I would be extremly happy with that

Do you know what keeper? Might be much needed money for Watford[/quote]

steven taylor i think or someone like that

Liverpool - Arda Turan & Mario Gomez

greg_68

Transfer deadlines are usually very quiet on the whole lately, can't see … Transfer deadlines are usually very quiet on the whole lately, can't see Villa signing anyone in their current position although we desperately need a central midfileder and a striker.Maybe Moyes will be the shock transfer of the week?

micoo

We (Liverpool) still need a striker lol, I would like to see Milan grab … We (Liverpool) still need a striker lol, I would like to see Milan grab robinho too X)

Being linked with, Fernando Llorente, Mario Gomez and Carlton Cole, I'd be fairly happy with any of those three tbh X)

As a Norwich fan more than happy with the squad we have got so I can't seeing signing anyone. We may allow one or two youngsters/ fringe players leave on loan though.
    Edited by: "dananana" 31st Aug 2010

Carlton Cole made Heskey look world class when he played for us.

Starr

Just read on BBC site that Forest have got a transfer panel, whats all … Just read on BBC site that Forest have got a transfer panel, whats all that about?

The transfer panel was set up after David platt almost drove our club into the ground, spending millions on useless italians on stupid wages. The panel consists of Nigel Doughty and Mark Arthur (Chairman and chief exec) David Pleat, Billy Davies and a few financial guys.

Any targets identified by Davies are submitted to the panel and it is them who decided if we will make an offer, then do all the offering, negotiation etc with the club involved. Davies is not involved in that part which is a source of frustration for him and the same for the fans.

I understand why it is there, as Doughty had said recently we will not waste money on players and we will not over pay for any player, but sometimes I think the panel is more of a hinderance a thought echoed by many fans.
    Edited by: "DJNG22" 31st Aug 2010

Looks like the Gomez talks have broken down, looking at dutch striker winkel winkel.

greg_68

Carlton Cole made Heskey look world class when he played for us.

X)

René Higuita, the retired columbian goalkeeper (Scorpian kick bloke) has scored more international goals that Heskey and unless heskey scores in one in his next 6 games, it will stay that way X)

Original Poster

riteondeals

micoo

Being linked with, Fernando Llorente, Mario Gomez and Carlton Cole, I'd … Being linked with, Fernando Llorente, Mario Gomez and Carlton Cole, I'd be fairly happy with any of those three tbh X)

Starr

Just read on BBC site that Forest have got a transfer panel, whats all … Just read on BBC site that Forest have got a transfer panel, whats all that about?

Might be good business, you get to many games at Vicarage Road?

Take Carlton please, he is a quality player when hes up for it but we dont use him properly, he'll do so well for Liverpool with Torres and we just need an out and out scorer which he will never be.
    DJNG22

The transfer panel was set up after David platt almost drove our club … The transfer panel was set up after David platt almost drove our club into the ground, spending millions on useless italians on stupid wages. The panel consists of Nigel Doughty and Mark Arthur (Chairman and chief exec) David Pleat, Billy Davies and a few financial guys.Any targets identified by Davies are submitted to the panel and it is them who decided if we will make an offer, then do all the offering, negotiation etc with the club involved. Davies is not involved in that part which is a source of frustration for him and the same for the fans.I understand why it is there, as Doughty had said recently we will not waste money on players and we will not over pay for any player, but sometimes I think the panel is more of a hinderance a thought echoed by many fans.

Seems the right thing to do financially but seems they are too strict.

for starters a manager would be nice (villa fan) - They have suspended betting on Moyes now - fingers crossed!

Original Poster

micoo

René Higuita, the retired columbian goalkeeper (Scorpian kick bloke) has … René Higuita, the retired columbian goalkeeper (Scorpian kick bloke) has scored more international goals that Heskey and unless heskey scores in one in his next 6 games, it will stay that way X)

Heskeys retired from internationals though so he will never overturn that... ha.

Yobo to West Ham on loan?
    africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/liv…872

Starr

Heskeys retired from internationals though so he will never overturn … Heskeys retired from internationals though so he will never overturn that... ha.Yobo to West Ham on loan?http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/live/content.php?Item_ID=32872

X) so its official, some goalkeepers are better strikers than emile heskey

Spurs are apparently after Babel now X) and apparently we are looking to get our £11.5 million back X)

Banned

micoo

Spurs are apparently after Babel now X) and apparently we are looking to … Spurs are apparently after Babel now X) and apparently we are looking to get our £11.5 million back X)

Nah...... It's Robbie Keane you want for £25M

Banned

Starr

steven taylor i think or someone like that

Might be good business, you get to many games at Vicarage Road?

Yh i am a season ticket holder

I say get rid of everyone except Scott Parker

guv

Nah...... It's Robbie Keane you want for £25M

If you part us from babel and hand us 11.5 mil, call it a draw?

^^^ sadly for you it will probably be the reverse and you will keep everyone but Parker.
    Edited by: "greg_68" 31st Aug 2010

micoo

Spurs are apparently after Babel now X) and apparently we are looking to … Spurs are apparently after Babel now X) and apparently we are looking to get our £11.5 million back X)

There may be better clubs in London he can rap at....he sometimes play football too

Original Poster

riteondeals

Rumours Scott loach at Watford is on a move to man city involving 2 … Rumours Scott loach at Watford is on a move to man city involving 2 million and one of there goalies. I would be extremly happy with thatsteven taylor i think or someone like thatMight be good business, you get to many games at Vicarage Road?Yh i am a season ticket holder

Got to about 10 last season including pre season, like going there as it was always a spur of a moment thing, always tickets available

Well apart from when West Ham came to town, couldn't get tickets then

Lloyd Doyley for England!!!
    Edited by: "Starr" 31st Aug 2010

Original Poster

darren9030

I say get rid of everyone except Scott Parker

Its not that bad....

Half decent right back and striker today and 10th place here we come

greg_68

^^^ sadly for you it will probably be the reverse and you will keep … ^^^ sadly for you it will probably be the reverse and you will keep everyone but Parker.

I can see him being sold today, if so hopefully get a good price as its deadline day, also would be hoping for a couple of quality signings as replacements....(RB + Striker please, cant stress this enough!)

Would love to get rid of Babel and possibly Insua, and get in a striker probably Gomez or that PSV striker.

Heard Stoke were looking at Lucas, would get rid of him as well.

Can't really see any huge transfers taking place today tho

Banned

Starr

Got to about 10 last season including pre season, like going there as it … Got to about 10 last season including pre season, like going there as it was always a spur of a moment thing, always tickets available :)Well apart from when West Ham came to town, couldn't get tickets then :(Lloyd Doyley for England!!!

theres two players i cant stand.. doyley and Liam henderson

Banned

Apparently Sunderland are signing Asamoah Gyan for about £12 million today

Ashley Young going to Spurs with Keane in reverse?

Banned

Nzogbia is also a strong rumour to be coming here

EDIT: Stoke also in running for him

greg_68

Ashley Young going to Spurs with Keane in reverse?

that one could be on, im expecting the biggest of the day to be robinho to milan

I do love some of the stuff the BBC are putting on their deadline thing "From Zinedine_Bergkamp on 606: "No way... coming back this morning from my holiday in Guyana, I see Brazilian Ronaldo at Heathrow Airport. I have a feeling that he might be on his way to West Ham or Tottenham."

I will believe that when i see it lol

Insua has apparently landed in turkey to seal a move to galatasary, seems to be a loan move though

Original Poster

Ronaldo, thats all we need.

I would get his name on my shirt though

micoo

Insua has apparently landed in turkey to seal a move to galatasary, seems … Insua has apparently landed in turkey to seal a move to galatasary, seems to be a loan move though

it is a shame he didnt adapt well to the premier league. He did so much work to bulk up following his arrival to ensure he wasnt too light weight but I don't think hes got the mental side to the game thats needed

Who is going to be the player that signs just after 6 and everyone throws their dolly out the pram at it being allowed to go through with some lame excuse, there is always one.

from a rangers point of view, kyle lafferty has already had a loan bid from blackpool turned down though they may come back with a better offer (more fool them) and strong rumours of craig conway from dundee united joining up.

If we do manage to find some more cash I don't expect anything to happen until after 6 when the english teams are looking to offload some fringe players.

We at Arsenal desperately need a GK. I hope Wenger buys someone. Please please please.
    Almunia is just not good enough for us.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4141837
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846341
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764645
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work44

See more discussions