Transfer money from Halifax master card to Halifax current account without fee?

Banned 10
Found 3rd Jun 2016
Is it possible? I know Paypal can transfer but it has a small fee.

10 Comments

Banned

gift it to another paypal account & gift back?

Original Poster Banned

gift it to another paypal account & gift back?

Strange. I can't seem to find the master card as one of the options to send the money as a gift to to a different Paypal account.

Banned

Strange. I can't seem to find the master card as one of the options to … Strange. I can't seem to find the master card as one of the options to send the money as a gift to to a different Paypal account.

Just a thought because gifting is free from charges...

Original Poster Banned

The thing is, I have real money on the credit card due to refunds and I don't want them 'locked' to it but rather transfer to my current account. I wouldn't mind gifting to another Paypal account of a family member I know but the credit card doesn't show up.

How do I do it?

If you are in credit on your card would your provider not refund to your bank if requested to?

Original Poster Banned

If you are in credit on your card would your provider not refund to your … If you are in credit on your card would your provider not refund to your bank if requested to?

It should, I assume. But these two instances it went to the credit card than the debit card.

Spasho

The thing is, I have real money on the credit card due to refunds and I … The thing is, I have real money on the credit card due to refunds and I don't want them 'locked' to it but rather transfer to my current account. I wouldn't mind gifting to another Paypal account of a family member I know but the credit card doesn't show up.How do I do it?

If there's a credit on your card, you won't be charged for transferring the money to your current account. You only get charged for a 'cash advance' which is where you're putting a debit on your card.

It should, I assume. But these two instances it went to the credit card … It should, I assume. But these two instances it went to the credit card than the debit card.

Eh? Speak to your credit card company and they'll refund you.

If there's a credit on your card, you won't be charged for transferring … If there's a credit on your card, you won't be charged for transferring the money to your current account. You only get charged for a 'cash advance' which is where you're putting a debit on your card.

Not always true, I accidentally transferred money to my cc instead of a different account and it was in credit. They said they would transfer it for free as a one off. This maybe different though as its refunds not an overpayment.

Original Poster Banned

I'll ask Halifax about it but if they'd offer to transfer to the current account it should appear as an option on the page though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants