Groups

Transfering Tape to DVD

Hi

Does anyone know if you can transfer 8mm camcorder tapes on to computer so i can put onto dvd.

Please Help

Thanks

14 Comments

Original Poster

Do you know which companies please as i only have seven tapes.

Thanks

Banned

whatsThePoint;8220451

I have never used them so can't recommend but they do 8mm for £5.50 a … I have never used them so can't recommend but they do 8mm for £5.50 a tapehttp://www.video2dvdtransfers.co.uk/

always run the risk of losing everything on the tape sending it off, was a thread on this exact topic where he had sent it off to a company and they said there was nothing on it, he had checked it before sending.

And at that price would be cheaper/better value to buy an adapter, as long as the original poster has access to an 8mm camcorder (didn't bother reading my post?)

Banned

whatsThePoint;8221143

is life worth living if you have to worry about the risks involved in … is life worth living if you have to worry about the risks involved in everything you do and everything has a riskdo you worry if its worth the risk of driving to work in case you have an accident or not eat because of the risk of food poisoning

oooookay then. I know my precious memories are worth A LOT more than that post :thinking: and a lot more than £5.50 a tape.

Banned

whatsThePoint;8221275

what difference does the price make, are you saying if acompany charges … what difference does the price make, are you saying if acompany charges £100 a tape that a sure sign they won't lose it :?

nope, I'm saying I wouldn't risk sending them in the post

I have loads of 8mm tapes - probably around 50 of them and would love them onto a dvd - good info guys

Banned

bossyboots;8221296

I have loads of 8mm tapes - probably around 50 of them and would love … I have loads of 8mm tapes - probably around 50 of them and would love them onto a dvd - good info guys

been busy have we :oops:

lumoruk;8221340

been busy have we :oops:

my parents gave us a camcorder when our son was born - he is 11 now so yes, we have been busy filming him growing up

dcx_badass;8221388

I've got quite a few, I'm doing them all onto dvd next week.

do u think its quite an easy process?

Banned

bossyboots;8221468

do u think its quite an easy process?

it is easy, but obviously you can only record at 1x speed, takes forever in that respect. Probably why dxc_badass does it at work :lol:

Banned

it takes

FOREVER

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Damn my family tapes... DAMN THEM TO HELL

I take it then, if a tape is an hour long - it takes that time to transfer? I have been counting the tapes and we actually have 64 - starting from january 99 when my son born to last one taken on December 10 our wedding. would love to have them on dvd

Banned

dcx_badass;8221831

Yup, takes the length of the tape to put on the PC, then you need to … Yup, takes the length of the tape to put on the PC, then you need to convert it and burn it to a dvd, a general rule is the length of the take + about 60-90 mins. Only good thing is it doesn't really require any interaction from you, just start it going and leave it, then start it converting and leave it going aswell.

yeah but it is epically boring to do. like so boring. i did about 14 tapes (they were about 3hrs each i think) and wanted to die. 64 tapes..... lol that's torture!

Banned

I whack the missus round the head now when she sits there recording crap, I make her do short takes of 30secs - 1 minute long. We're still using mini DV tapes as I edit afterwards, lose quality on DVD/Harddrive compression camcorders.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866384
      2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1630
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28104
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1116

See more discussions