Transfering voda payg number to 3 then transferring to orange :P

Found 13th Jul 2009
hey folks, i converted my contract with vodaphone to payg a couple of weeks ago, and am now interested in a deal with mobiles2yourdoor on the orange contract.

the problem is that mobiles to your door don't support number porting to or from voda...

so i was wondering if i would be able to request a pac code from voda and then transfer it to 3 payg, and then request a pac code from three to transfer it to the orange deal on m2yd that im interested in...

excuse me for my lack of knowledge :P ive never ported my number before but it would make my life a lot easier if i could keep my number due to work etc..

cheers guys

8 Comments

Yeh u can do that

Original Poster

MarzBarz;5734454

Yeh u can do that

thanks marzbar...also forgot to ask how long would this whole process take?

Usually takes 7 days to switch from networks

Curious as to why you'd port to 3 instead of o2 or T-Mobile. I'd avoid 3 Customer Service at all costs.

Original Poster

highguyuk;5740472

Curious as to why you'd port to 3 instead of o2 or T-Mobile. I'd avoid 3 … Curious as to why you'd port to 3 instead of o2 or T-Mobile. I'd avoid 3 Customer Service at all costs.

I have no preference to port to 3, i was just using it as an example as it was the first that popped to my mind, probably because its the only other phone company ive been with

Voda;5743149

I have no preference to port to 3, i was just using it as an example as … I have no preference to port to 3, i was just using it as an example as it was the first that popped to my mind, probably because its the only other phone company ive been with

I wouldn't recommend using three as your stepping stone. I'm not sure about payg but with contract they make you pay a fee if you want your PAC, as i found out, apparently it's in their t&c's.
My advice would be to pick another network, there are plenty out there :thumbsup:

Original Poster

cheers for advice guys

Make sure you check the terms and conditions of the network you port to - some define a minimum period between porting in and back out again.

John
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3280
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951381
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769376
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 191 ***1327

See more discussions