Transferred number: iPhone 11 help!?

Posted 14th Mar
Hi

I transferred my number from Virgin to Three and the process completed on Thursday. Everything appears to work fine. However I unable to change the iMessages and FaceTime number which is still showing the old number and ask when sending texts I get an error message “not delivered” even though the recipient has received the message.

Please help. I need to update the phone number and I’m not sure how. I’ve tried turning it off and on and removing and reinserting the SIM card as well as changing the Apple password and doing a “hard reset”.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
I’ve ran into the exact same problem, transferring from iD to Three! Not figured out how to solve it yet 😔
It’s in settings. Can mind correct settings but google can help

Just checked it’s in the bit that says your name.. click that then select name, phone number,email
Edited by: "justanothercid" 14th Mar
Have you tried resetting network settings?
Twixellzz14/03/2020 10:53

Have you tried resetting network settings?

Just did this. Did not work.
justanothercid14/03/2020 10:03

It’s in settings. Can mind correct settings but google can helpJust c …It’s in settings. Can mind correct settings but google can helpJust checked it’s in the bit that says your name.. click that then select name, phone number,email

Added new number but this does not reflect in iMessages or FaceTime settings.
colinged14/03/2020 10:28

As @justanothercid …As @justanothercid https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Getting-started-and-upgrading/Switch-to-Vodafone/1060518472/Why-am-I-seeing-the-wrong-number-when-using-iMessage-or-FaceTime.htm

Omg this just worked. You’re a star!!! Thanks
colinged14/03/2020 10:28

As @justanothercid …As @justanothercid https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Getting-started-and-upgrading/Switch-to-Vodafone/1060518472/Why-am-I-seeing-the-wrong-number-when-using-iMessage-or-FaceTime.htm

Better than Apple Support Chat. She did not have a clue
You should be able to select your new number under send and receive in the iMessage settings. If not you can contact Apple support via the app and they will be able to sort your issue out in no time.
Andrew_Holder14/03/2020 13:03

Brilliant! Finally got it fixed, thank you OP and @colinged

Glad it is fixed! Wish I could fix my own life out
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants