Groups

Transferring files?

Banned
    I've recently downloaded some large files such as movies on my pc. Is there any way I can copy them onto my laptop without having to copy them onto a dongle first? Will just a normal usb cable work?

I've tried sending large files using programmes online but they take forever.

Rep given to all helpers!
    David

10 Comments

firewire cable?

Send them over your home network (file sharing)

or get a usb to usb file tranfser cable / kit around £6.99

maxmix

Original Poster Banned

boothy;5175751

firewire cable?

What does one of those look like? (Sorry to sound dumb!)

Original Poster Banned

RedIron;5175783

Send them over your home network (file sharing)

How do I do this? Thanks.

Original Poster Banned

maxmix;5175798

or get a usb to usb file tranfser cable / kit around £6.99maxmix

Would prefer to do it for free. I normally don't mind using my dongle as a third party, but I've misplaced it.

davidhurn;5175806

How do I do this? Thanks.

Create a shared folder on your desktop PC, you should then be able to access that using your laptop as long as it's on the same network (Wired / Wireless / A combo of both as long as they both connect to the same router) then just drag and drop the files from there

RedIron;5175849

Create a shared folder on your desktop PC, you should then be able to … Create a shared folder on your desktop PC, you should then be able to access that using your laptop as long as it's on the same network (Wired / Wireless / A combo of both as long as they both connect to the same router) then just drag and drop the files from there

+1

If you have an older laptop , chances are , it'll have USB1 ports ..................slow transfer rates .
    You can get a PCMCIA card for your laptop thats USB2 and it's flush fitting [does'nt stick out of the side ] hell of a difference in transfer rates .............. I know this as I bought one for my old lappy from that well known auction site . Cheap too.

Crossover cable from desktop to laptop
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1313
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3911
      4. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine11

See more discussions