Transferring USD to Mexico using Revolut

Posted 9th JanEdited by:"varunadas"
I need guidance from Revolut experts here. I need to make a large USD transfer to a beneficiary in Mexico which I have gradually accumulated in my Revolut account during the recent GBP rise. I planned to make the transfer once the desired amount has been exchanged from my GBP account. The beneficiary bank is Banco Monex which seems to suggest on their website that they charge 62 USD for inward remittances from Europe but 25 USD from USA.
monex.com.mx/por…pdf
Do you know if Revolut will use a US Intermediary Bank while transferring the payment ?
Other option I was thinking of was to transfer this amount from Revolut to my Transferwise Borderless account and use Transferwise to pay the Beneficiary.
Please advise.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

2 Comments
Sorry I cant help answer your question, but i am thinking of going to Mexico at some point, is there a charge to transfer smaller amounts of money to Mexican currency?
Bob2460111/01/2020 07:36

Sorry I cant help answer your question, but i am thinking of going to …Sorry I cant help answer your question, but i am thinking of going to Mexico at some point, is there a charge to transfer smaller amounts of money to Mexican currency?

I have only used Revolut to withdraw small amounts in MXN and also to do purchases using card in MXN. This is the first time I was trying to do a large transfer. I think the best thing to do is to convert USD back into GBP and at same time buy the same USD amount via Transferwise.
Edited by: "varunadas" 13th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions