Groups

Transformers 2 Movie what did you think

being a transformers fan I thought it was ok, but loads of flaws...

CAUTION
    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wat really got me, was like national treasure. they are good films.. but nicolas cage manage to solve a puzzle in a few days when it took other 300+ years..
    and sam managed to figure out the power source very quickly... like are the autobots and decepticons really that dumb!??

sam dying at the end remind u of some cheesy cartoon... when sum1 they think dies.. and a tear drops on the person and wakes up..

the action sequences were good, but like the 1st 1 , things happen too fast you cant see whats happening.

wats with megatron, he is calling the fallen MASTER...
    megatron is hard as nails .. and wont respect any1..

64 Comments

i thought the same too , the worst part for me was when sam died it was so rubbish , worth watching but not as good as the first

Original Poster

im not sure which is better, the 1st one had its good points, but sam defeated megatron way too easy..

stupid, stupid film. When that big wheel thing is ripping through the city causing mile after mile of destruction and being seen by thousands of people they say they are going to cover it up??? and the human-looking robot, how come they didnt just make an army of them and take over that way? What a coincidence, even though after the first film there was a massive clean up operation they didnt clock the big piece of the cube thingy stuck on his jumper!

I get the impression that after the third one i'll find out this isnt even a true story!

thought the film dragged on for ages too...

Your reference to National Treasure is inaccurate. Ben Gates' (Nicolas Cage) family had been chasing the clues from the very moment the piece of paper was handed to one of his descendants.

It was only when the 'Charlotte' mentioned in the clue was discovered as a vessel and not a person that things really took off.

I enjoyed Transformers 2 for what it was - entertainment. It certainly didn't feel like a 2 1/2 hour movie, that's for sure!

This film is great. Not sure whether i prefer this one or the first one but loved em both! I dont think this is the kind of film to take seriously. Its more of an easy watching movie. its great for people like me who grew up at the time of transformers animations and now get a chance to see it all come 'real'!!!! The part where sam died and came back was a bit cheesy. But really enjoyed the film...

Oh and Megan Fox...all i can say is WOW!!!!! any film with her in it is worth watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original Poster

Abz;5584761

Oh and Megan Fox...all i can say is WOW!!!!! any film with her in it is … Oh and Megan Fox...all i can say is WOW!!!!! any film with her in it is worth watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exactly

Original Poster

is it me or did soundwave not do anything apart from hover in space and . . . . .

Ravage was wicked, but did he transform?

zerowing;5584780

exactly

I thought she looked amazing in the first film. But in this one she looked even better

Original Poster

Abz;5584796

I thought she looked amazing in the first film. But in this one she … I thought she looked amazing in the first film. But in this one she looked even better

not sure about what she was wearing in the desert, seemed a bit ... hmm like a wardrobe malfunction

zerowing;5584819

not sure about what she was wearing in the desert, seemed a bit ... hmm … not sure about what she was wearing in the desert, seemed a bit ... hmm like a wardrobe malfunction

im thinking more of the opening scene on the motorbike

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/showhype/story_large/2009/05/04/megan_fox_transformers_2.jpg

zerowing;5584939

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090625/ten-transformers-sequel-in-race-row-5f8abb3.htmlhmmmmmm

They were my 2 fav robots!!!

I thought the bit when Sam died and he "saw" the primes speaking to him was cheesy as hell, kind of spoiled it a bit. But it's one of those films where you sit back and switch off, not taking it too seriously. Never mind plot holes etc., this is a film about robots that transform into vehicles, not very believable!!!

Megan Fox - I love her!!!

is the fit woman from number 1 in it again?

Excellent film loved every bit of it going to see again.

Trauts78;5585192

Excellent film loved every bit of it going to see again.

+1

zerowing;5584939

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090625/ten-transformers-sequel-in-race-row-5f8abb3.htmlhmmmmmm

Oh dear - the PC brigade have gotten a whiff of something they can protest against :whistling:

I thought they were dead funny!

Banned

Xb0xGuru;5585527

Oh dear - the PC brigade have gotten a whiff of something they can … Oh dear - the PC brigade have gotten a whiff of something they can protest against :whistling:I thought they were dead funny!

Would you be shocked to your core if you were to realise that there isn't actually a PC Brigade:w00t::w00t:

It's just a myth dreamt up by tabloid hacks to give idiots something to rant about.

The characters are dubious and the film itself is too long and actually quite a bit worse that the first one.

There are many flaws in the film both with the characters and the plot.
    But i still absolutly loved it! i saw it last night, Was SO good!

I do however wish soundwave did more and they made his voice more like the cartoon
    would have loved to have seen Frenzy, Rumble and Laserbeak (im assuming that transformer Ravage spat out wasnt laserbeak) aswell.

Added love for Jetfire and Devastator.

yea im a bit of transformers nerd, but so what :P

FilthAndFurry;5586104

The characters are dubious and the film itself is too long and actually … The characters are dubious and the film itself is too long and actually quite a bit worse that the first one.

LMAO! How old are you, out of interest?

Banned

Xb0xGuru;5586392

LMAO! How old are you, out of interest?

20-something.

Are the Dinobots in these films yet?

and to a lesser extent the Constructicons?

and to a greater than the constructicons, lesser than the dinobots extent, the insecticons?

FilthAndFurry;5586881

20-something.

Well I suggest cutting it a little slack, since it's aimed towards children/early teens :thumbsup: The fact that I enjoyed it as a thirty-something it neither here nor there :w00t:

Banned

Xb0xGuru;5586944

Well I suggest cutting it a little slack, since it's aimed towards … Well I suggest cutting it a little slack, since it's aimed towards children/early teens :thumbsup: The fact that I enjoyed it as a thirty-something it neither here nor there :w00t:

So it's okay to show questionable representations of certain people in society to people, so long as they're only impressionable teens/kids?:?

I wouldn't mind if they were even slightly important to the plot, but they seem shoehorned in and really draw attention to themselves.

Banned

great film and gosh it was quite long.. enjoyed it very much ta .. and with those two naughty ones sneaking off at the end that means perhaps another flick... cant wait for it on blu ray release..

Terrible, terrible film. First movie i've ever walked out of at the cinema. Got to around the 2 hours mark and had just had enough.

Anyone who can even justify this as being a hugely enjoyable movie is moronic. It's a big slap in the face to the world, proving that people will watch anything if it has a good name put on it.

Definately a contendor for me for the worst movie of the year.

Banned

MisterMarston;5587106

Terrible, terrible film. First movie i've ever walked out of at the … Terrible, terrible film. First movie i've ever walked out of at the cinema. Got to around the 2 hours mark and had just had enough. Anyone who can even justify this as being a hugely enjoyable movie is moronic. It's a big slap in the face to the world, proving that people will watch anything if it has a good name put on it.Definately a contendor for me for the worst movie of the year.

and that leaves you as sweeping statment contender of the day .. :roll:

dog_cop;5587125

and that leaves you as sweeping statment [SIZE="4"]contender[/SIZE] of … and that leaves you as sweeping statment [SIZE="4"]contender[/SIZE] of the day .. :roll:

Banned

stealth spelling edit :whistling:

mbgringo;5586918

Are the Dinobots in these films yet?and to a lesser extent the … Are the Dinobots in these films yet?and to a lesser extent the Constructicons?and to a greater than the constructicons, lesser than the dinobots extent, the insecticons?

constructicons are in it briefly.
    I though it was a good film. Went on a bit long. 2 very fit women in it.

Condiment?

I Personally found it very enjoyable, despite being able to pick the film apart 6 ways from Sunday with respect to just about everything, Its horses for courses.

And yes the constructicons are in it, they rescue Megatron, however they do not actually form Devastator some other decepticons that are construction equipment do. The insecticons are Possibly in there, i think its a bit open to interpretation though :P

Jetpac;5587198

Condiment?I Personally found it very enjoyable, despite being able to … Condiment?I Personally found it very enjoyable, despite being able to pick the film apart 6 ways from Sunday with respect to just about everything, Its horses for courses.And yes the constructicons are in it, they rescue Megatron, however they do not actually form Devastator some other decepticons that are construction equipment do. The insecticons are Possibly in there, i think its a bit open to interpretation though :P

Oh now thats just silly, in real life that would never happen!!!!!!!

:lol:

I like on the film how the multinational force compromises one bloke from the SAS and the rest Americans, and they only fly The Union Flag and The Stars and Stripes. On a side note, I saw GI Joe advertised before this. That looks Naff.

mbgringo;5587303

Oh now thats just silly, in real life that would never happen!!!!!!!:lol:

My thoughts exactly.
    TBH Ruined the film, i mean seriously how is that supposed to be believable?

What will they do for the third film?

Abvance;5587412

What will they do for the third film?

slashfilm.com/200…11/

Only 2 years away!!!

:lol:

mbgringo;5587421

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/16/transformers-3-on-july-1st-2011/Only … http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/16/transformers-3-on-july-1st-2011/Only 2 years away!!!:lol:

Oh god what's the point!! Why keep making them!? Everyone who i tell i disliked the film too tells me 'it's not meant to be a story-driven masterpiece, it's just meant to be robots fighting robots, just chill and be mindlessly entertained'. Am i the only one who just wasn't entertained by it? Even robots fighting robots doesn't do anything anymore, and if you aren't even going to bother with making it a story-driven masterpiece, then why have badly voiced robots speaking for 15 minutes about pointless plot information.

I found the film actually quite torterous guys x

MisterMarston;5588034

Oh god what's the point!! Why keep making them!? Everyone who i tell i … Oh god what's the point!! Why keep making them!? Everyone who i tell i disliked the film too tells me 'it's not meant to be a story-driven masterpiece, it's just meant to be robots fighting robots, just chill and be mindlessly entertained'. Am i the only one who just wasn't entertained by it? Even robots fighting robots doesn't do anything anymore, and if you aren't even going to bother with making it a story-driven masterpiece, then why have badly voiced robots speaking for 15 minutes about pointless plot information.I found the film actually quite torterous guys x

Maybe not the only one, but you're definitely in a minority.

Answer me this: You went to see a action movie sequel based on a brand of toy which is aimed at the young teen age bracket. What were you expecting to see?

Banned

Xb0xGuru;5588794

Maybe not the only one, but you're definitely in a minority.Answer me … Maybe not the only one, but you're definitely in a minority.Answer me this: You went to see a action movie sequel based on a brand of toy which is aimed at the young teen age bracket. What were you expecting to see?

answer... top totty and things getting blown up :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1547
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767273
      3. Spotify Family Premium share614
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***317

See more discussions