Travel advice for Barcelona

Posted 31st Jan
Traveling to Barcelona during Feb half term.
Is it safe?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Make sure your plane has an extra batch of Filangees, should be good from there on. Heard there was an issue in USA where they had to delay a plane because someone thought there was an issue with the left filangee, turned out there was none at all.
15 Comments
Make sure your plane has an extra batch of Filangees, should be good from there on. Heard there was an issue in USA where they had to delay a plane because someone thought there was an issue with the left filangee, turned out there was none at all.
As long as not travelling with Mr Hoffman you should be OK.
Firstly, absolutely amazing place and safe as any other European city. But.. my warning would be for pick pockets. My friend had his watch taken off his hand by some person trying to get him to go to a salsa club. Started dancing with him in the street and distracting him.

The next day we were then on a walking tour where they said pick pocketing is an art form over there. Asked people to raise their hands if they had lost anything yet.. and a few others went up too!

I have to say though I felt super safe, so just be on your guard to keep hold of your stuff or not take valuables out with you. Really recommend the place though, so many sights to see and wonderful bars and restaurants. Have fun!
Edited by: "Fieldington" 31st Jan
Google cava cave bar enjoy it
Dont go in side streets at night
Beautiful country. Just make sure when your out and about to keep your belongings close to you. Lots of pick pockets out there and they can smell tourists a mile off.
Lots of lovely places to see and visit, the marine harbour is beautiful.
At night stick to the main areas and avoid the side streets if you can.
One main attraction I would 100% say is a must is the magic fountain of montjuic. It’s absolutely fabulous
Fieldington31/01/2020 19:44

Firstly, absolutely amazing place and safe as any other European city. …Firstly, absolutely amazing place and safe as any other European city. But.. my warning would be for pick pockets. My friend had his watch taken off his hand by some person trying to get him to go to a salsa club. Started dancing with him in the street and distracting him. The next day we were then on a walking tour where they said pick pocketing is an art form over there. Asked people to raise their hands if they had lost anything yet.. and a few others went up too!I have to say though I felt super safe, so just be on your guard to keep hold of your stuff or not take valuables out with you. Really recommend the place though, so many sights to see and wonderful bars and restaurants. Have fun!

totally agree with this. Wonderful place but only place I've ever been pickpocketed
Isn't it too late to ask after doing the bookings?
Are you asking from a point of view as a 'person of colour' and if it is safe?

I'm guessing in touristy areas there are so many visiting from all over the world that the locals just want your money...
Apparently Las Ramblas is pickpocket central. Just do as I did: keep your wallet /bag on the front of your body, and keep your wits about you (especially in crowds) and you'll be fine.

Enjoy your time! Lovely people and food.
Barcelona as for years been famous for its pick pockets and bag snatchers ,as are many other tourist cities. Just be careful when travelling on the under ground and on crowded streets. Don't let this put you off though it is one of my favourite cities in Europe. Don't get caught out by someone trying to give/sell you a single flower randomly in the street , it's just a rouse to get you to get your wallet / purse out for them to snatch it.
I've asking due to the recent pandemic coronavirus
rimalpatel00701/02/2020 20:04

Seems like you just asking if it is okay to go abroad. Why would Barcelona be any different to any other tourist city in Europe.
rimalpatel00701/02/2020 20:04

If the government saw a risk to move around the world they would let us know. At the moment only China is affected by travel, although as this virus continues to evolve travel may become an issue. All you can do is keep up to date on the travel advice and your airlines advice
Edited by: "ndyanem" 1st Feb
Ignore people who randomly ask you if you have dropped something, or show you a map and ask you for directions, children running up to you and asking you to sign/donate to a charity or a cause - just be aware of anything that will distract you even for just a short moment. Have your wits about you, and learn to say a firm no and jog on.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants