travel advice needed please, plane, train or automobile?

5 replies
Found 5th Apr 2009
Im planning to travel from darlington to southend on sea next friday nite / saturday morning to visit a friend and returning monday at some point.
I have looked into national express but the times are bad (overnite) although its cheap (£25)
Tthe cheapest train fare is over £100 return.
Flights are cheaper (£80) but again bad times,
I drive but dont fancy the 5 hour drive home on monday after a weekend on the plonk and its bank holiday weekend so traffic will be terrible.
Is there any rail vouchers about or anyone got any ideas? any help would be greatly appriciated and rep given, cheers.

5 Comments

Sometimes it works out cheaper to buy 2 singles rather than a return.

trying to do Wedding invites here, but give me a look ... with you being a North Eastener and all that...

Do you mean Southend, Near Colchester?

If so ........

Darlo - London
London - Southend a reckon

Can you not return late train Sunday night?

1st glace... Lve 5:30am Fri - Arrive Darlo Monday/Tues 1:30am ... £67.50

Might be worth looking at the ]MAP, see what direct links there are!

Original Poster

Disco;4839716

trying to do Wedding invites here, but give me a look ... with you being … trying to do Wedding invites here, but give me a look ... with you being a North Eastener and all that...Do you mean Southend, Near Colchester?If so ........ Darlo - LondonLondon - Southend a reckonCan you not return late train Sunday night?1st glace... Lve 5:30am Fri - Arrive Darlo Monday/Tues 1:30am ... £67.50Might be worth looking at the ]MAP, see what direct links there are!

want sat nite and sun nite out on tiles so would need to travel around these times, good map though, shed light on a few things. cheers.

well, you can do it @ that price above, just means getting into Darlo @ 1:30am Tuesday, not much sleep if you have work at 8am! lol :whistling:

megabus?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?11
    2. Urgent help needed with travel agent56
    3. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22
    4. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33

See more discussions