Groups

Travel advice USA

Looking at taking my 7 year old god-daughter (cousin) away with me to Florida this Autumn. I wasn't sure whether not any special provisions would need to be made in order to pass through immigration etc.

Anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks

5 Comments

You need to fill in ab ESTA form it is free and easy to do link below

esta.cbp.dhs.gov/est…DB2

I believe that if neither of her parents are travelling you will need to have written permission from them.

Stillahilly has it correct Neil.
    You are best advised to draw up a letter yourself addressed "To whom it may concern"
    with the other parent/partners' address,home-work-mobile nos. present ,
    in case any authorities want to contact them.
    I have done the same, to take my children to other countries 4 times now,
    without my ex-partner.
    If the letter states the other partner " can take the children to_________from date________to date________ with my permission" and then is signed, you should have no problems.
    Keep it handy whilst going through passport controls, but I have never been asked for any paperwork although I always have it, so as the holiday doesn't get disrupted.

They will take your finger print as you enter and you may be asked for your esta forms, I was,.Just cover all bases and take permission letters .If you get the change Discovery Cove is expensive but a day you will always remember

Original Poster

Thanks for all your advice I will look into the ESTA form and get a letter drawn up etc. Just want to make sure it goes off without a hitch.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions