Travel insurance

Posted 11th Apr
Hi had travel insurance renewal come through from debenhams they couldn't take payments as my card has expired. Had a look on comparison sites and their price is still the cheapest.

Question is if i renew with them and they go bust would my insurance still be valid
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
If they go bust I would say your policy remains good as it is via a 3rd party insurer and debs are just agents. From the policy wording.

This policy has been arranged by Rock Cover Services Limited (R.C.S.) on behalf of Debenhams Retail PLC (Debenhams). R.C.S. and Debenhams are Appointed Representatives of Rock Insurance Services Limited who administers this policy and collects and holds premium as agents of the Insurers. All three companies are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). R.C.S.’s registration number is 529380, Debenhams’ registration number is 212810, and Rock Insurance Services’ registration number is 300317. You can check the regulatory status of all three companies by visiting register.fca.org.uk/ or by calling 0800 111 6768.
Thanks for the info and quick reply
Could be OK as Debenhams are basically just acting as a broker , and as stated they are authorised to hold premiums on behalf of the Insurance company .

However what would happen if Debenhams went bust before handing the premium to Rock Insurance Services ? Do you have any protection or will Rock simply cancel the insurance ?

Not being an expert in Bankruptcy law I think I would pay a few quid more and buy direct from a broker or insurance company to be on the safe side .
The words cheapest and insurance are not always happy bed fellows. Say you have to cancel a trip for a valid reason after 1 day. Cheap insurance is likely/maybe only fly you home. Good insurance would refund the unused portion of the holiday.
Unlikely that it would still be valid as Debenhams are taking the payment and unless they hand over the money to the underwriter then the policy will not be honoured. I would not risk it!!!
debenhams will be the broker but more than likely they will also administer the policy for claims so if they go broke, there will be no one to administer your claim. you will have to get to the underwriter but that may be a long laborious process so for the sake of peace of mind and a good night's sleep, i would avoid them for now.

the renewal you have been quoted is the cheapest in comparison to others on the market probably for a good reason!
It was the cheapest last couple of years with the benefitof getting a debenhams voucher on top. Thanks for all your input going to take a look at comparison website just before going on holiday so a few months are not wasted while im not going away
Edited by: "4rf4n" 11th Apr
4rf4n11/04/2019 21:18

It was the cheapest last couple of years with the benefitof getting a …It was the cheapest last couple of years with the benefitof getting a debenhams voucher on top. Thanks for all your input going to take a look at comparison website just before going on holiday so a few months are not wasted while im not going away

Screen grab of reply from Debenhams Insurance. P.s I paid around £25 for Europe yearly and a £20 gift card lol.

37465897.jpg
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 14th Apr
cecilmcroberts1 h, 3 m ago

Screen grab of reply from Debenhams Insurance. P.s I paid around £25 for …Screen grab of reply from Debenhams Insurance. P.s I paid around £25 for Europe yearly and a £20 gift card lol. [Image]

that is what i call living dangerously, lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions