Groups
    EXPIRED

Travel Insurance

Does anyone know of a decent company that offer good travel insurance for 2 adults on a single trip? The cheapest I have found is £60 (£30 each) but wondering if there is anywhere out there for less.

16 Comments

Try using moneysupermarket.com.

They list a huge range of travel insurance providers,I got annual travel insurance worldwide(exc.usa and canada) for £63 for a couple with essentialtravel.
    Funnily enough,it worked out £15 cheaper doing it through moneysupermarket than going through the essential travel website direct.

Through Quidco the site below does worldwide annual multi trip insurance for a couple under 50 for £63.50. Plus you get 15% cashback. Havent tried any of the others yet, and will obviously depend on what package you take.

travel-insurance-web.com

Also they have a price promise :

If you find an alternative policy with levels of cover* either matching or exceeding ours we will give you your policy for free!

All you have to do is supply us with a written quote direct from the alternative insurer clearly stating the premium and levels of cover offered.

*By "levels of cover" we always mean the benefit levels available less any excess you have to pay.

Original Poster

Thanks for these. this should give me something to go on. Should have got it last year when it was only £45 for the both of us. Amazing how these prices go up.

I'm glad you posted this thread ... I was about to do the same for my upcoming travels!

Hope you get sorted insurance wise and won't need it!

Jamie :viking:

Original Poster

on travel-insurance-web.com it has come up with £37 is that per person or for 2 people? (I asked for 2 adults on the 1st page). If so then they truely are the cheapest site I have seen.

ussel,please do check the level of cover provided,it can vary greatly.

the annual cover i chose was the superior cover,which included things like personal effects,money,passport loss etc.

when i did a search some policies were as little as £45 for the year for two people,but i chose a better cover so that items like our mp3 player and digital camera were covered.it all depends on what you want,of course,and i know that sometimes you are covered for personal possessions under home insurance,but it really is worthwhile checking carefully the level of cover provided,cheapest is not always best.

i apologise is this sounds patronising,but a friends of mine did not do this,and if she had taken a bit more time,the extra £15 would have saved her the heartache of standing the loss of her camera.:-(

I was just quoted £80 for 1 person for my upcoming adventure ... eeks

and that only gives me a maximum of 60 days abroad.

pretty shitty for an "annual" cover

BritJamez

I was just quoted £80 for 1 person for my upcoming adventure ... eeksand … I was just quoted £80 for 1 person for my upcoming adventure ... eeksand that only gives me a maximum of 60 days abroad.pretty shitty for an "annual" cover

how long are you travelling for?

you may need backpacker insurance,this covers you for the length of time you are away.my mate who is travelling at the moment(lucky git is in cambodia at the mo) got cover for 7 months for £115 which seemed a very good price.

Ryanair do an annual policy for around £40 per person for worldwide insurance cover. I've used their policy for the past two years and the cover is on par with other insurers.

Original Poster

Went to insureandgo and they are £59. I take your comments on board muckypup. It would be upsetting to loose my camera as its my honeymoon so its probably best to do some research and if that means paying a little extra then so be it.

Thanks for everybodys help :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Just had an email from travel-insurance-web.com with the following details:

"The quote is for both people.(£36.84)

The cover (per person) for cancellation is £3000, for medical expenses £10 million, for baggage £2000, for cash and documents £500.There is a valuables limit of £250 for items such as video and digital cameras. For other coverage see the website."

Not bad in my opinion. Any suggestions? What is the ususal amount for personal items?

Ah, but if you lose your camera, you may also lose the film ....

depends on the camera I guess, not the pics that are on it.

ussel

Just had an email from travel-insurance-web.com with the following … Just had an email from travel-insurance-web.com with the following details:"The quote is for both people.(£36.84)The cover (per person) for cancellation is £3000, for medical expenses £10 million, for baggage £2000, for cash and documents £500.There is a valuables limit of £250 for items such as video and digital cameras. For other coverage see the website."Not bad in my opinion. Any suggestions? What is the ususal amount for personal items?

That sounds about right,that is what I am covered for on valuables,a max of £250 per item (it's better than no cover at all)

£24 PP for single trip at direct travel insurance. 0845 605 2500 - that was premium cover to china so you could probably get it a lot cheaper if you just go for standard cover. :thumbsup:

Hiya if you are going to Europe Amex have a new deal on their annual budget insurance you could get two people covered for £49 and would last a year.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions