Travel insurance for older people?

6 replies
Found 28th Jul 2014
hi, we're an older couple looking for travel insurance over 80 years for a two week trip to Spain. Can anyone recommend a specific provider. This site has lists seniorscover.com/tra…htm but can't decide which one to go for or if there are better options? Saga seems to expensive, thanks!


Try any of the comparison sites, like go compare.

you could try Age Concern, Staysure and Age UK to see if they do over 80's

Get an online quote from each of them and choose the best.

If you have the time just google senior travel insurance and get quotes from them all.

You will probably find they nearly all use the same on line form to obtain a quote

A lot of the cost depends on whether you have pre-existing medical conditions and want them covered

You could try your banks and/.or Post Office - I'm sure some offer basic travel insurance or can point you in the right direction.... after all the banks are their to help you "save" money

Travel insurance is expensive when you reach 75. What quotes have you had? If I were 80 and could use the extras I would look at opening a Nationwide Flex Plus bank account pay £10 a month and pay the extra age premium of £50 and get travel insurance that way. nationwide.co.uk/pro…its
Edited by: "redhot999" 28th Jul 2014

Be sure to get an EHIC Card, it is not insurance, but is free and very useful.

Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4178
    2. Add one, leave one game54415459
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…51113
    4. saying of the day89412

    See more discussions