Travel Insurance for skiing holiday?

I need to purchase travel insurance for a ski holiday in Feb half term but have never purchased this myself before. Does anyone have any advice/recommendations?

5 Comments

Id recommend Aviva, the only time i have ever been and its been needed (when my freind broke his back) they were fantastic. They took care of everything from the minute we called them in France to getting him home 4 weeks later.
I know they will not be the cheapest, but winter sports cover is not something to gamble with, because if something goes wrong..it goes wrong!
very very different to getting insurance on a summer holiday, yes you can get injured laying on a sunbed reaching for your sangria,but much more likely to get injured throwing yourself down a hill.
Edited by: "Almeida" 13th Jan

do a search on money supermarket as you would for a sun holiday and click extreme sports cover in questions view different policies they all have good cover only thing to look out for is equipment cover as in how much will they pay out as this varies an awful lot apart from that its like a normal holiday policy

Original Poster

Almeida

Id recommend Aviva, the only time i have ever been and its been needed … Id recommend Aviva, the only time i have ever been and its been needed (when my freind broke his back) they were fantastic. They took care of everything from the minute we called them in France to getting him home 4 weeks later.I know they will not be the cheapest, but winter sports cover is not something to gamble with, because if something goes wrong..it goes wrong!very very different to getting insurance on a summer holiday, yes you can get injured laying on a sunbed reaching for your sangria,but much more likely to get injured throwing yourself down a hill.

Thanks for the info. Yes this is why i'm doing a bit more research for this insurance as with summer holiday insurance i'd go for the relatively cheap option with a fairly low excess and job done but obviously this is different so i want to get it right. I've been with Aviva car insurance for a few years as they've always been the cheapest but I've never had to claim *touch wood* so couldnt vouch for their service. But i'll have a look at them. Thanks again

Original Poster

splodgecat

do a search on money supermarket as you would for a sun holiday and click … do a search on money supermarket as you would for a sun holiday and click extreme sports cover in questions view different policies they all have good cover only thing to look out for is equipment cover as in how much will they pay out as this varies an awful lot apart from that its like a normal holiday policy

Thanks i'll have a look. When you say equipment cover do mean skis etc? if so we're hiring them so i think theyd be insured with the hire company?

bigpappasmurf13

Thanks i'll have a look. When you say equipment cover do mean skis etc? … Thanks i'll have a look. When you say equipment cover do mean skis etc? if so we're hiring them so i think theyd be insured with the hire company?

Yes the hire company will cover that insurance, but they will try and sell you optional insurance against damage, ie. if you break them you have to pay for them.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Nintendo Switch Game Cases34
    2. E-liquid55
    3. Mountain bike £200-£30022
    4. Problem with new double glazed installation44

See more discussions