Travel Insurance for Those with Medical Conditions

Found 12th May
world-first.co.uk/

I had a heart attack last year and the Nationwide, with who I have an account, now refuse to insure that condition

On shopping around, the prices I found for cover, especially for US visits, is exhorbitant.

I finally chanced upon World First and their premiums were far less than anybody else's because they ask what drugs you are taking (prescribed ones only!!)

Quidco too
Community Updates
MiscHolidays & Leisure
9 Comments
Moved to misc as more discussion/recommendation and no actual deal price attached. Thanks for sharing
I got sleep apnea and diabetes and none of the banks will insure me. I go to CompareTheMarket as they have a good pre-existing conditions selection. They are generally pretty good and mine ended up last year (to go to greese) £11
Head to Martin Lewis website. He was chatting about this a few weeks ago on radio
Edited by: "wayners" 12th May
If one company is extremely cheap when others may look to exclude your condition, you have to ask yourself "why?"and go through the policy with a fine tooth comb. For example, what's the access, is the country you wish to travel to even covered, is your condition pre-excluded, what is the maximum they will pay for different injuries, what is the maximum they will pay hospitals, do they cover return of your body (god forbid) to the UK etc.
I never understand why people want their dead body returned to the uk at the really high cost it is.
Just be cremated in the country of death, more more civilised way to treat a person who has passed.
Chiptivo13th May

I never understand why people want their dead body returned to the uk at …I never understand why people want their dead body returned to the uk at the really high cost it is. Just be cremated in the country of death, more more civilised way to treat a person who has passed.

Totally agree, bury me in whatever country I cark it in. Am sure there was a case of a couple of family members sneaking a deceased relative onto a plane to try and avoid the repatriation costs.

TBH I would rather be sat next to a corpse than some of the travellers I have sat next to.
Thanks OP, I tried this company before as I have pre existing medical conditions, but found Holidaysafe to be a cheaper option, so might be worth giving them a look.
I have used World First before for my medical conditions but i now use Columbus Direct and find them much cheaper with all my medical conditions i need covering also no phone calls involved because all medical screening is done on line.
Try holidaysafe very helpful and I have a heart condition pay 24 more and an extra excess if I have treatment related to.my condition only

And it was100 for 4 people to.usa for 3 weeks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants