Travel insurance Q's

Found 24th Jan 2013
Hello all

Right, we're having our first holiday abroad together in February so obviously need to book some travel insurance. What are the main things we should get cover for or is travel insurance pretty much a standard thing?

Only going away for a week to Tunisia so need to know anything specific travel insurance wise I'd need to take out?

Anything else I need to be wary of when looking at different travel insurance providers?
Community Updates
6 Comments
Post office are good and you can choose your level of cover

postoffice.co.uk/tra…bmm
Go on 1 of the compare sites and you'll see the varying prices for the same type of cover.
Delays, Cancellations, Medical Cover, Medical Repatriation, Theft are some of the areas where cover levels will vary
Open a current account with Nationwide and its free....No monthly cost also!
Just been a news report about tension in North Africa.

If there is an option for refunds in case of war or terrorism I would take that. No sign that Tunisia is going to get dragged into anything right now but Europeans have just been urged to leave Benghazi in Libya and there was the recent attack in Algeria.

As its unlikely that you would get insurance cover for unrest in the country it may be a good idea to pay for any trip that could possibly be affected in this way, at the last possible minute
travelinsuranceguide.org.uk/pol…tml

Otherwise you are likely to lose your money

fco.gov.uk/en/…sia
Middle East and North Africa
Tunisia
Still current at: 24 January 2013
Updated: 13 January 2013

This advice has been reviewed and reissued with amendments to the Travel Summary and the Safety and Security section (Following French military intervention in Mali, there is a possibility of retaliatory attacks targeting Western interests in the region. We advise vigilance.). The overall level of the advice has not changed; there are no travel restrictions in this Travel Advice for Tunisia.

see also
telegraph.co.uk/new…tml
Edited by: "WoolyM" 24th Jan 2013
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants