Travel insurance question

Found 11th Aug
Hello all, I wonder if anyone ever had this issue before. My sister gets married next month and I want to gift her the flight tickets for their honeymoon. She lives abroad and they will travel from Italy to South Africa. I want to buy travel insurance too but not sure how to do it. I will buy the tickets from UK based agents, using my UK bank credit card but the tickets will be for them who live abroad. Where shall I buy the travel insurance from? UK or Italy where they live?

Thank you!
Community Updates
It would need to be Italian are my thoughts.

For UK travel insurance trips need to start and end in the UK and the insured usually need be a resident of the Uk for medical reasons etc
Of when you go to buy the tickets ask in the travel agents and they may be able to help.
Rereading your opening post I realise I have obviously overlooked something in my previous post. I think I must have been suffering computer lethargy by the time I got to reading your post.However, it would do no harm to contact a UK based travel insurance provider and ask them as well, if the travel agent you visit can't answer your query that is.

Good luck.
Edited by: "LemonHead" 12th Aug
Thank you all. For future reference, if anyone will be in the same situation the cover has to be taken by a local insurance company.
Post a comment

    Top Discussions

    Top Merchants