Groups

Travel Money US Dollars

Hi, can anybody advise where the best deals are for exchanging £ into US$, First Direct are offering US$ 1.55060 for £1, commission free & free delivery, was wondering if anybody knew if this could be bettered?

Thank you

6 Comments

thomas cook are ofering 1.583 and you can get that price if you print off the voucher and take it into any bureau instore.

Original Poster

thanks for the tips everybody,

thomas cook voucher is good, but min £500, more than I planned

R u sure its £500 as I usd one last wek for £300????!!!!

first choice and thomson shops will match any high street price. i usually just walk around and see who has the highest, its usually the cash generator shop (believe it or not) it was just under $1.59 today. then i simply go to first choice and they beat the price. when i went to the dom rep last month i got $1.601 in first choice with no minimum amount

meh
    Travelx, pick up at airport, if you find it cheaper.. call em.. they will post you the difference in a form of a cheque.

I did it.. went on hol... got home.. cheque for £20 waiting for me.

sometimes they n eed screenshot of price where it was cheaper. worth it for £20 .. maybe more
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55

See more discussions