Groups
    EXPIRED

travel to hemel hemstead

i need to get to hemel hempstead by either coach or bus or train! 1 adult and 2 children but i need to go from central london any of the stations basically im SE and am after the cheapest price, im not 100% sure where hemel hempstead even is but cheapest ive found is £14.20 there and then same return so i would be gratefull if anyone could help thanks!

7 Comments

Banned

There is a bus that goes there from Trafalgar square, i caught it daily when I worked in the National Gallery, its on the right as you look at the gallery,...Number 21 rings a bell but I'm not sure.

Certainly cheaper than £14.20 though!

Original Poster

H_K;4832422

There is a bus that goes there from Trafalgar square, i caught it daily … There is a bus that goes there from Trafalgar square, i caught it daily when I worked in the National Gallery, its on the right as you look at the gallery,...Number 21 rings a bell but I'm not sure.Certainly cheaper than £14.20 though!

hi thanks i'll look into it and it would of been £28.40 so def cheaper!!! fingers crossed eh!!

Banned

nope..wait...i'm thinking of Hampstead heath...not the same place..blame it on the time!

Original Poster

H_K;4832469

nope..wait...i'm thinking of Hampstead heath...not the same place..blame … nope..wait...i'm thinking of Hampstead heath...not the same place..blame it on the time!

LOL ok well thanks 4 trying!!! x

National Express coach is £24 return for all 3.

National Rail from Euston is £21.40 for all 3 (offpeak) or £11.15 if you have a Family and Friends railcard. If you're going to make another journey pretty much anywhere within a year then buying the railcard would be worth your while.

Coach from Victoria Coach station about 1 hour, train from Euston about 25 minutes.

It would help to know which day, date and what time you anticipate travelling both out and back and also the ages of the children.

Original Poster

andythebrave;4833998

National Express coach is £24 return for all 3.National Rail from Euston … National Express coach is £24 return for all 3.National Rail from Euston is £21.40 for all 3 (offpeak) or £11.15 if you have a Family and Friends railcard. If you're going to make another journey pretty much anywhere within a year then buying the railcard would be worth your while.Coach from Victoria Coach station about 1 hour, train from Euston about 25 minutes.It would help to know which day, date and what time you anticipate travelling both out and back and also the ages of the children.

i have a friends and family rail card! it would be a day during these easter holidays only day i cannot do is the 17th! and the children are 8 and 5! thanks!

As long as you leave Euston after 09:00h then it's £11.15 Offpeak day return. You don't need to book in advance as this is a walk up fare but you must take your railcard with you.

There are 4 trains per hour on weekdays, 2 fast and 2 semi fast.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?68
      2. Tooth extraction55
      3. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)23
      4. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?38

See more discussions