travel up baggage allowance

Found 4th Mar 2015
hi I recently booked a flight to Tokyo with Alitalia and the standard economy baggage allowance is 1pc of 23kg however on my e-ticket it says I can have 2pcs of baggage x23 is this normal? Do agents tend to strike certain deals? Thanks. Ayden

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments

Oh that dies being back memories.

We were booked for India in 2006 with alitali luggage allowance was as you state 45kg each. called the airline after booking to confirm this too as we couldn't quite believe it.

got to the airport and checked in our luggage and the person doing the weighing said you're X amount overt and will either have to pay or remove the extra luggage.

tried explaining that no we're not over we checked with the airline and they've told us we have 45kg each. His response was I've been working for this company for 10 years they've never had more than 23kg. him being stubborn and my dad even more stubborn both got locked into an argument.

as we had an early flight their ticket office wasn't open yet so we waited it out as the employee was trying to be as unhelpful as possible one of their colleagues checked into it all. came back saying yes you're right you can take the extra luggage. To which the pain serving us was very embarrassed and could no longer look us in the eye.

on the way back from India though no problems.

so if I was you I'd check you definitely have that allowance by calling them up and confirming it. and if you experience what we did then just stick to your guns and don't back down.

It was very stressful for us as I was travelling with a 4 and 2 year old hubby and my parents. I really thought we were going to miss our flight not exactly the best start.

Original Poster

Thanks for taking the time reply I called the travel agent and he 100% confirmed yes but I am yet to call alitalia about it. Also since your around do you know how they assign seats for alitalia?

aydenthelion

Thanks for taking the time reply I called the travel agent and he 100% confirmed yes but I am yet to call alitalia about it. Also since your around do you know how they assign seats for alitalia?

most scheduled airlines let you choose seats at the checkin process online

with alitalia you can check in 48 hours before the flight

alitalia.com/gb_…tml

or ask alitalia when you call them - they may allocate seats earlier by phone - I know Turkish do this

EliTom

aydenthelion

Thanks for taking the time reply I called the travel agent and he 100% … Thanks for taking the time reply I called the travel agent and he 100% confirmed yes but I am yet to call alitalia about it. Also since your around do you know how they assign seats for alitalia?

if you call them and they confirm try and get them to send you a written confirmation via email or post just in case you run into trouble.

no idea how they allocate seats we travelled in 2006 so it was a long time ago pretty sure ours weren't e tickets either.

good luck and have a safe trip.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants