Groups

travelling bath to midlands

travelling bath to the midlands, just looked on maps and offers 2 routes. m4 m5 m6 m42(150 miles) or A429(100 miles)..

any one any knowledge on either route??

looking around 3pm departure so will be hitting traffic

thanks

8 Comments

Where in the midlands? I went from
    Bristol to Wolverhampton this weekend and m6 was stacked. I would try and avoid unless you can't.

Original Poster

leicestershire.. it says junctions 4 join m6 junction 2 leave it..

the other way takes me a429 all the way to warick then a46 around coventry :s

Edited by: "m00nie" 15th Aug 2010

I often go from a small village between Bath and Swindon to Birmingham. I take the back roads... A419 to A417 then get on to the M5 at J11a and straight up but I only ever travel outside of peak times so miss the traffic. However, you're going to Leics so definitely take the A429 as it's much much quicker and more direct - completely ignore M5!!
    Edited by: "baffledsalmon" 15th Aug 2010

Or you could come off the M5 at Junction 9 and follow A46 all the way up to M69 at Cov.

a travelling bath you say.... interesting...

Agree with baffledsamon I go to Leicester occasionally and once made mistake of m5. Stick to the back roads you will save lots of time

Original Poster

thanks all.. il give the back roads a try then..

If you join the M4 at junction 29...you're going the wrong way!

Have you tried the RAC or AA online routeplanners to see what they suggest?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846260
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5190
      3. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1021
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764485

See more discussions