Travelling from London Stadium after an event

Found 18th Oct 2017
So got Foo Fighters tickets for the Saturday evening and wondered how easy it is to get from Stratford to the centre of London after an event of that magnitude that late at night?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments
upon coming out you all get corralled across the main bridge and then marshalled through the pedestrian zones which will have temporary barriers to each side, you then have to walk a circuitous route around Westfield shopping centre and then toward the station or bus/cab area. The walking route is heavily marshalled and there's no alternative , they won't let you jump the barriers to go the short route through the shopping centre. It's quite a long way, I had heels on that night and wished I'd put trainers on. Just be prepared for crowds of people all heading the same direction and possibly being held by the station entrance until the platforms empty. From there you can get the overhead train to Liverpool Street and change onto the underground or just pick up the Underground. I would expect it to take around 90mins from Stadium to Leicester Square.
I know this would be sacrilege, but you could leave before the encore to get ahead of the crowds.
Original Poster
Toptrumpet48 m ago

upon coming out you all get corralled across the main bridge and then …upon coming out you all get corralled across the main bridge and then marshalled through the pedestrian zones which will have temporary barriers to each side, you then have to walk a circuitous route around Westfield shopping centre and then toward the station or bus/cab area. The walking route is heavily marshalled and there's no alternative , they won't let you jump the barriers to go the short route through the shopping centre. It's quite a long way, I had heels on that night and wished I'd put trainers on. Just be prepared for crowds of people all heading the same direction and possibly being held by the station entrance until the platforms empty. From there you can get the overhead train to Liverpool Street and change onto the underground or just pick up the Underground. I would expect it to take around 90mins from Stadium to Leicester Square.I know this would be sacrilege, but you could leave before the encore to get ahead of the crowds.

Thank you for such a detailed response. Skipping the encore probably not an option so 90 minutes it is. It looks like everyone booked the hotels around Stratford even before tickets went on sale so will have to join the herds on the trains. May drive but I've heard that's also a nightmare to get away from.
There is a car park at Westfield but I don't know how easy it is to find/get to. Even if you park there you'll still be corralled along with everyone else to the area outside marks and spencer just before the stations before you can break away to the car park.
Personally I'd use the tube and suffer along with everyone else.
It takes 20 mins to walk from the far side of the stadium (entrance K) back to Stratford Station after a football match, so i imagine will be pretty similar..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants