Travelling to London

Found 13th May 2007
This question may be a long shot but I'm planning to travel to London next Sunday evening.

I'll be travelling from the north via Oxford, is there somewhere right on the edge of London, like Watford for instance, where I could drive to a get the tube in for the rest of the journey. What would be the best and easiest station to get to? Would free parking anywhere be asking to much?

1. Misc
  2. London
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. London
6 Comments

The couple of times I've been to Wembley we have driven to Ruislip which isn't far from the end of the M40. Then we have caught the tube to Wembley which I assume carries on to Central London.

The metropolitan line goes from Ruislip to Euston.

Your best bets are somewhere like Watford Station (Underground, NOT the main Line Station). It is at the end of the metropolitan line, and trains run about every 15 minutes to London, with many different stations once you get there.

On the other hand, you could drive to Harrow & Wealdstone, at the end of the bakerloo line, and catch a tube from there to London, again a variety of stations.

Not sure about free parking, but I hope that helps

emasu he never said he was going to Wembley, I said I went that way when I went to Wembley.

You could catch a train from Watford's main station to London Euston. Cheap day return prices are good, and the service is operated on the same tracks as the tube service. They're operated by Silverlink Trains

greg_68

emasu he never said he was going to Wembley, I said I went that way when … emasu he never said he was going to Wembley, I said I went that way when I went to Wembley.

Did i say that :whistling:

Original Poster

Ruislip and Watford were the places I was looking at anyway, so thanks for confirming that they are they good places to go.

I'm just thinking if its even worth driving for convenience when the Megabus is only £10 (at the moment) return anyway.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Holiday discount centre is a scam34
    2. Camera33
    3. Can I giveaway film digital codes on here?22
    4. Anyone know if amazon will be having any prime membership discounts in the …77

See more discussions