Groups
    EXPIRED

Travelling to New York...SIM card advice

Hi,not sure if I'm posting in the right place. Im travelling to nyc in a few days and would like to keep in touch with my kids via text/calls/FaceTime
    I am currently in contract with o2 but I'm worried about receiving a huge bill when I return.
    Does anyone know what my best option would be for using iPhone overseas? Thought about changing to a pay as you go sim while I'm there?
    Any advice appreciated

12 Comments

Is your phone unlocked? As in, did you buy it right out or has it come to the end of the contract? If you are on a pay monthly contract, it is to my understanding a locked phone and you won't be able to simply stick another sim in it.

If your phone is unlocked a 3-2-1 sim. A £15 pack gives you 300min, 3000txt (to UK numbers) and unlimited internet.

GAVINLEWISHUKD

If your phone is unlocked a 3-2-1 sim. A £15 pack gives you 300min, … If your phone is unlocked a 3-2-1 sim. A £15 pack gives you 300min, 3000txt (to UK numbers) and unlimited internet.

Can you use that abroad though?

ma11hew

Can you use that abroad though?

Yes the USA is a "Feel at home" destination.

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Yes the USA is a "Feel at home" destination.

They are friendly people and all, but you've lost me there...

I assume in the t&c's that the same charges apply in America. Any state?

ma11hew

They are friendly people and all, but you've lost me there...I assume in … They are friendly people and all, but you've lost me there...I assume in the t&c's that the same charges apply in America. Any state?

I take it you've never heard of Three's "feel at home" promotion.

three.co.uk/Dis…ome

ma11hew

They are friendly people and all, but you've lost me there...I assume in … They are friendly people and all, but you've lost me there...I assume in the t&c's that the same charges apply in America. Any state?

Read HERE.

Opened my eyes, thanks guys. Didn't make the topic, but I think I took the most away!

Only for O2 users. Download the TuGo app. You then get to use your talk and text allowance anywhere in the world when you are connected to WIFI. The app integrates your contact list and works well.

to be honest when I went to New York I just used wifi. its everywhere. not worth running up a huge bill.

I recently used Three's feel at home in New York and had no problems. You need to have been a customer for thirty days to use it if you are a SIM only customer though.

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice,it is locked to o2 but I don't think it would be a problem unlocking it?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions