Groups

Travelling to Wembley from the West Midlands

Going to watch the Foo Fighters on Saturday going from Brum.

When watching the mighty Villa (not that often at Wembly) I usually drive down the M40 to Ruislip leave my car there and catch the tube to Wembley.

Having not been to the new Wembley and not to London for about 10 years has anyone any better ideas or suggestions.

Ta.

p.s well chuffed got 2 seats for £50 (half face value)

14 Comments

It's really easy to get to the new wembley and the parking is spot on.

We went to the england - brazil match and was surprised how easy it was compared to the old wembley which was awful !!

Original Poster

smithyp1;2250364

It's really easy to get to the new wembley and the parking is spot on.We … It's really easy to get to the new wembley and the parking is spot on.We went to the england - brazil match and was surprised how easy it was compared to the old wembley which was awful !!

Where did you park then?

greg_68;2250387

Where did you park then?

Empire Way (A479), 0.45 miles to wembley stadium.

Basically a 5 minute walk.....

Banned

Get the megabus down so you can get ******!

Nothing like a nice pint.. for a fiver : D

wierdowoss;2250515

Get the megabus down so you can get ******!Nothing like a nice pint.. for … Get the megabus down so you can get ******!Nothing like a nice pint.. for a fiver : D

lol
    most of the thugs that go wembley...not sayin ur one :whistling: lol go to Stanmore of Harrow (where im from though thats not something to be proud of lol)
    cos of the easy access by tube and bus

Banned

When watching the mighty Villa (not that often at Wembly)

FA Cup final vs Chelsea.... were u at that?

Original Poster

ODB_69;2250642

When watching the mighty Villa (not that often at Wembly)FA Cup final vs … When watching the mighty Villa (not that often at Wembly)FA Cup final vs Chelsea.... were u at that?

Lol...I'd booked a family holiday at Butlins beforehand for that weekend....thank god.

Banned

greg_68;2250683

Lol...I'd booked a family holiday at Butlins beforehand for that … Lol...I'd booked a family holiday at Butlins beforehand for that weekend....thank god.

Lucky escape....it still haunts me now.....

Carbone.....HOW COULD YOU MISS THAT ****!!!

why not take the train from bham to wembley park direct? its like £10 return...... the train goes from moor street or new street and takes about an hour and half, easier than driving

Banned

I doubt its £10 return!

Thats great if it is though

Banned

amansk;2252131

why not take the train from bham to wembley park direct? its like £10 … why not take the train from bham to wembley park direct? its like £10 return...... the train goes from moor street or new street and takes about an hour and half, easier than driving

Actually mate probably is your best bet and no worrying about parking etc cause that area is a bit rough plus means u can have some beers pre + post game

wierdowoss;2252160

I doubt its £10 return!Thats great if it is though

chiltern railways have this text buy option for tickets, so you buy a ticket online and they send you the ticket by text. its £5 single from bham to london. im sure they still do it as I did that journey twice a week for 6 months last year

also, cheap day return is about £11.

I remember using my railcard to get an open return for £8 sometimes until it ran out

Original Poster

No trains back with Chiltern tho, think latest is something like 10pm

If anyone can link to a train that returns at approx 11:30 that would be great.

greg_68;2253885

No trains back with Chiltern tho, think latest is something like 10pmIf … No trains back with Chiltern tho, think latest is something like 10pmIf anyone can link to a train that returns at approx 11:30 that would be great.

virgin trains run later than chiltern if that helps....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764172
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2955
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891819
      4. Sad news about Barcelona24112

See more discussions