Groups

travelling with cunard but feel iv been ripped of i neeed advice

can anybody help this is my first post so take it easy on me cheers. booked to travel to new york and sail back with cunard booked it then found it a bit cheap on different travel agents asked cunard to price match but they not interested, so cancelled holiday with thomas cook costing us £238 deposit have emailed cunard as have still booked on same cruise same date everything so asked them if they would consider giving money back as on board credit, but they said no i dont see why i should have to loss the money havent had anything for it any help please im desperate

22 Comments

Banned

how much was a bit?

Original Poster

about £150 plus $200 on board credit

Banned

mmm i would have gone with the original deal as you seem to be well out of pocket and from reading your post I cant see why you think you have been ripped off?

Original Poster

no we are that much better of after taking deposit of but i dont see why we should have to loss deposit

Banned

my dad has done that trip several time and flew concord one year I think even if they would not price match I think you should have stuck with the holiday and not cancelled

Original Poster

why!!!

You should have read the terms of your deposit. It costs travel companies money in staff etc to make bookings...........if you cancel then they keep the deposit. Always been the same and rightly so.

so u cancelled, losing ur £238 deposit?and u want to rebook again to take advantage of the cheaper price AND want ur £238 deposit back?

Banned

shaneomac;4468188

so u cancelled, losing ur £238 deposit?and u want to rebook again to take … so u cancelled, losing ur £238 deposit?and u want to rebook again to take advantage of the cheaper price AND want ur £238 deposit back?

cake and eat it springs to mind

Unfortunately that's the point of deposits and if they don't have a price matching policy I don't see that there is much that you can do.

Original Poster

cunard kept the deposit not the travel agent and yes i would like the deal the other people got dont see why i should loss out

dog_cop;4468207

cake and eat it springs to mind

lol!but as billy connelly once said
    "whats the point of having cake if i cant ****ing eat it!":thumbsup:

seriously though-thats what a deposit is there for...to stop u cancelling-for whatever reason.

BTW-it sucks that ur out money on this,but sounds like its just one of those things cant do much about,u cld maybe email thier customer services and ask them nicely and they may charge u half the deposit as a goodwill gesture if u rebook...worth a go to maybe suggest it...
    p.s welcome to hukd...:thumbsup:

Original Poster

point being im still on the same criuse everything the same just a bit more out of pocket!

Banned

traceypompey;4468263

point being im still on the same criuse everything the same just a bit … point being im still on the same criuse everything the same just a bit more out of pocket!

but if you had not cancelled, perhaps not so much out of pocket ?

You need to do your comparison BEFORE you book not after. No company has to give you your money back just because you change your mind. You've entered into a contract and your bound by it, simple as that. . .

When you buy a Sony television from Argos and then find it cheaper at Tesco, you don't expect Sony to refund the difference do you? So in this instance why should Cunard refund the difference? I can't see how Cunard can help here, they will sell the cruise to Thomas Cook and all other travel agencies for a set price. The travel agents then add their "fee" to give the retail price. Cunard will still only get the same price whether you buy through Thomas Cook or any other travel agency.
    As previously stated you should have shopped around before you booked.

The thing is when you originally booked you were happy with the price given otherwise you wouldn't have booked it in the first place. Offers can come and go all the time. I understand where your coming from but "Terms & Conditions" are there for a reason. Maybe next time its worth shopping around before you decide on when and where to book.

I book a cunard cruise, paid the deposit, checked the price before I paid in full, yes still same price, then a week later it was reduced by less than half the cost, cunard not interested.

you snoozed, you loosed

sorry.

Banned

joeprosho

you snoozed, you loosedsorry.

original thread over two years ago and bumped by a new member of 5 mins ago .. well sus

leeanddebs

I book a cunard cruise, paid the deposit, checked the price before I paid … I book a cunard cruise, paid the deposit, checked the price before I paid in full, yes still same price, then a week later it was reduced by less than half the cost, cunard not interested.

If you booked at £1000 (for example) and a week later the price went UP to £1500 would you be happy if Cunard came after you for an extra £500? No .... so it's tough. That's the way things work ... you were happy with the advertised price when it was booked.

An Easyjet flight, for example, is the same. Someone may have paid £19 and the person sat next to them £109.

dog_cop

original thread over two years ago and bumped by a new member of 5 mins … original thread over two years ago and bumped by a new member of 5 mins ago .. well sus

D_C is on the case

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. What to do?????46
    2. Tradesmen battery power tools.11
    3. Now tv entertainment passes22
    4. Any free Now TV sports passes?33

See more discussions