travelodge and four guests dilemma

Found 3rd Jun 2012
i needed to book a travelodge room for my wife , daughter and myself . my daughter is 16 so classed as an adult . the problem i have is my daughter is now bringing her best friend who is also 16 BUT travelodge only take 3 adults and 1 child in a family room . is there any way we could say our daughters friend is only 15 and qualify as being a child .... do they ask for proof of age !
anyone experienced this scenario please
Community Updates
21 Comments

is there any way we could say our daughters friend is only 15 and qualify … is there any way we could say our daughters friend is only 15 and qualify as being a child

Yes there is - tell them her friend is only 15.
they wont ask for ID,you will have no problem doing this
Never known any hotel ask for proof of age.

if you don't fancy taking the chance of "running the gauntlet", leave your daughters friend in the car while you check in, and go back and get her later.

Edited by: "gizmouk" 3rd Jun 2012
Don't even tell them about the friend. Check in and get the keys and your daughter and her friend can join you later.
Probably just to do with the comfort of the sofa bed, they don't think it's suitable for two adults.
You all dont need to check in at the same time. Why dont you just check in, get your key card put the luggage in and go out for abit then all come back together??

You wont have any issues...
Edited by: "J4GG4" 3rd Jun 2012
Take her in the suitcase
If you can get a decent price book an extra room for your daughter & her friend. They always put you next to each other if you book 2 rooms

If money is an issue as other's have said they never check on ages etc so you will be fine.
http://blogmedia.jaludo.com/titter/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/fastest-time-to-enter-suitcase1.jpg
Thanks guys for the helpful and reassuring comments
cadmus

Thanks guys for the helpful and reassuring comments

wel I wouldn't say all of uz were heplfull
Hope there's no awkward moments sharing a room with 3 females
aberfal

Hope there's no awkward moments sharing a room with 3 females

for the male you mean obviously
I think the most I have squeezed in a travelodge room was 8.. 3 on the double bed, 2 on the sofa bed, 2 on the floor and 1 in the bath.
Don't have to sneak around. Whenever I go to a different town for a weekend we always book travelodge or premier inn.
Always booked room for 4 (as you have) and we check in without a single question asked
What's a 'travelodge'?
Cadmus, let us know where/when you need this TL room, and im sure they'll be a few people look for you
Sure its your "daughter and friend".

You are really inviting another coupler for a bit of swapping. But its all good. Great days.
Ive had 4 adults in a room plenty of times before. Just dont go in all at the same time. Most travelodge staff couldnt care less.
I booked 2 different Travelodges for my family, kids 17 & 15 in Cornwall. No Questions asked I did take an air bed with us so they didn't have to share a bed if the extra bed was double sofa bed. Good job I did as 1 of the hotels had a single sofa bed with the tiniest pull out bed underneath.
i work for travelodge, very much doubt they will ask, you'll be fine
Edited by: "loupomm" 4th Jun 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants