Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 10th Jan 2022
Hi,

I'm looking to book the Travelodge for a couple nights - currently sitting at £24.99 if I go for the saver rate (no cancellation/refunds).

I was thinking to go for the 'flexible rate' that allows me to cancel with a full refund, then re-book it under the saver rate closer to the date (just incase covid strikes etc).

Does anyone know when Travelodge tend to ramp up their room prices? How many days prior to the arrival date?

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
11 Comments
  1. Avatar
    It is not date driven but demand related. If enough rooms sell at the non refundable rate, price will go up immediately. And if bookings are a problem, or there are too many cancellations, it may even drop closer to the stay date. Also, if there are any events in the area, that too will influence the rate.
  2. Avatar
    How sure are you that you’ll be able to book it again at the same saver rate “closer to the date”?
  3. Avatar
    Author
    Haircut_10010/01/2022 19:48

How sure are you that you’ll be able to book it again at the same saver r …How sure are you that you’ll be able to book it again at the same saver rate “closer to the date”?

That's why I'm asking the question.. I'm sure others take the gamble
  4. Avatar
    What is the price difference? I found a £24 room in December, flexible rate was £28, worth the £4 with all the uncertainty.
  5. Avatar
    If you need it and it's a good price, just book it.
  6. Avatar
    Gollywood10/01/2022 20:46

They should create a badge just for you Gollywood. I'd call it the speaking sense award.
  7. Avatar
    Some people
  8. Avatar
    What’s the flexible rate? When it says full refund is that a refund of everything you paid or is it a refund of the room price only minus any additional flexible rate fee if that makes sense?

If the later there would be no benefit of cancelling and rebooking anyhow would there ?
  9. Avatar
    Author
    Gollywood10/01/2022 20:46

Would love to, but the government change their travel restrictions at the flip of a coin. Also can't guarantee I won't get covid between now & then
  10. Avatar
    GimmeGimmeGimme10/01/2022 21:26

Would love to, but the government change their travel restrictions at the …Would love to, but the government change their travel restrictions at the flip of a coin. Also can't guarantee I won't get covid between now & then

Then just book the Flexible rate that you can cancel for a full refund if need be. I’m not sure what else there even is to say.
    Edited by: "Haircut_100" 10th Jan
  11. Avatar
    Booked a bunch of Travelodge flexible rooms last year as lockdown rules were being relaxed. Also joined National Trust - All combined to make a mini 'Travelodge tour'. Really good.
    The flexibility allowed us to do a literal raincheck right up to the day of booking and good rates by booking well in advance
Post a comment
Top Merchants