Treadmill Recommendations

Posted 11th Nov
I am looking for a budget treadmill for the home. Willing to spend max £300. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Open the front door and go for a walk/run it will save you £300...
I've bought two over the years one manual and one electric they ended up not getting used.
Few mates have been the same! So just trying to not waste your money.
Is joining a gym out the question?
Toon_army11/11/2019 06:22

I've bought two over the years one manual and one electric they ended up …I've bought two over the years one manual and one electric they ended up not getting used.Few mates have been the same! So just trying to not waste your money.Is joining a gym out the question?

I’ve done the same. Last treadmill broke, that’s why I’m looking for a new one. For me, I get periods where I’m motivated and others where it is used as a clothes rack. I can go to the gym but prefer the convenience of running at home.
mas12311/11/2019 06:28

I’ve done the same. Last treadmill broke, that’s why I’m looking for a new …I’ve done the same. Last treadmill broke, that’s why I’m looking for a new one. For me, I get periods where I’m motivated and others where it is used as a clothes rack. I can go to the gym but prefer the convenience of running at home.

Argos does good budget ones, I have a reebok electric one which I use in the winter when it’s icy as I run early mornings. I bought one about 7 years ago and aside from lubricating the belt it works brilliantly.

Also check out zwift, got the foot tracker from the US and have my tablet setup with it when I use it, can be motivational and competitive if you want it to be.

Rest of the year I go outside.

If you are trying to lose weight exercise only works in conjunction with diet. Avoid alcohol, fatty food and sugary foods. Take multivitamins whilst doing this. Soups are good as easy for body to digest.
cmdr_elito11/11/2019 06:38

Argos does good budget ones, I have a reebok electric one which I use in …Argos does good budget ones, I have a reebok electric one which I use in the winter when it’s icy as I run early mornings. I bought one about 7 years ago and aside from lubricating the belt it works brilliantly.Also check out zwift, got the foot tracker from the US and have my tablet setup with it when I use it, can be motivational and competitive if you want it to be.Rest of the year I go outside.If you are trying to lose weight exercise only works in conjunction with diet. Avoid alcohol, fatty food and sugary foods. Take multivitamins whilst doing this. Soups are good as easy for body to digest.

Thanks. Some great advice!
sportsdirect.com/ree…028

I’m considering this one. Not sure if anyone has any experience with it?
mas12311/11/2019 06:40

Thanks. Some great advice!

I lost 5st from jan - may this year and have managed to keep it off despite relaxing the diet, am keeping up the exercise though.
I bought this from fleebay. used it everyday since Feb - i think its great. (It did arrive with a faulty button, but the seller sent a new arm control pad which sorted that out) We had a manual one years ago which we got rid of, this one is a lot better.
I'm fancying a vertical climber
mas12311/11/2019 06:50

https://www.sportsdirect.com/reebok-astroride-a20-treadmill-760028#colcode=76002811I’m considering this one. Not sure if anyone has any experience with it?

I bought that one from sports direct about 5 months ago and it's really good and gets used every day, especially now winters here, you get 2 year on site warranty direct from Reebok with it as well. The only problem I had was the plastic at the back snapped as I tripped and ended up standing on it.
don't waste time with products at this price range. if you want a treadmill, then buy one of those they have at the gym. look for second hand ones or refurbished ones.
mutley111/11/2019 09:00

don't waste time with products at this price range. if you want a …don't waste time with products at this price range. if you want a treadmill, then buy one of those they have at the gym. look for second hand ones or refurbished ones.

They are usually massive so not really suitable for the home.
regretful111/11/2019 07:57

I bought that one from sports direct about 5 months ago and it's really …I bought that one from sports direct about 5 months ago and it's really good and gets used every day, especially now winters here, you get 2 year on site warranty direct from Reebok with it as well. The only problem I had was the plastic at the back snapped as I tripped and ended up standing on it.

I went for this one. Just assembling it now. The two small wheels at the back. Should they be open when in operation, or are they only for moving the treadmill? The manual mentions nothing about this so its a bit confusing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants