Treating Timber post

Found 1st May
I am going to put down some wooden posts in the ground. I read that i will need to put some gravel/small stones at the bottom of the hole to stop the wood being in contact with the soil.
I want to protect the post with some preserver. Shall i just get some fence paint type of thing, or something better/stronger? Thanks
J
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I had some raised beds built for my pond filter and for plants, the chap who built them used black jack black bitumen wood preserve and it seems to be doing a good job. I would paint with a wood preserve as will last longer.
Edited by: "Rose5" 1st May
Rose540 m ago

I had some raised beds built for my pond filter and for plant, the chap …I had some raised beds built for my pond filter and for plant, the chap was built them used black jack black bitumen wood preserve and it seems to be doing a good job. I would paint with a wood preserve as will last longer.

Thanks, seem to have good reviews. Thank you
tuffdip.com looks a good buy if you got a few to do. I bought something similar from screwfix in a can which was enough for the few posts I did. Just put masking tape around for nice edge just above where ground level will be. Just dig a small narrow hole or you be using way to much concrete. People dig to big of a hole. Hire post hole digger as it
makes the job easier.
Alternatively, use ‘Drive in Post Anchors’ likeThese and then just use a wood preserver for the posts.
Thanks, unfortunately i am going to have to dig deep and big, it's a pull up bar and parallel bars apparatus. Sio it;'s needs to be solid. I am using some concrete post bag to keep in place, and then some hand made concrete (which would work cheaper i think). I will try to borrow a post hole digger from someone
Edited by: "jeannot18" 2nd May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants