Tree sap released on car constantly

Found 6th Jul
It's a weekly job now to get the car cleaned due to tree sap constantly being released onto car.

Are there any workarounds to avoid this?

I can't park elsewhere and is there anything better than covering the car with those cover things?
Community Updates
AskHome & Garden
Top comments
deleted396333
Park above the tree.
Cut the tree down. Park elsewhere. Cover your car. What else are you looking for?
13 Comments
It isn't tree sap, it's green fly poo. AKA honeydew
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 6th Jul
Cut the tree down. Park elsewhere. Cover your car. What else are you looking for?
I have the exact same issue, I’ve just had to accept it and wash the car every week;(
deleted396333
Park above the tree.
psychobitchfromhell17 m ago

It isn't tree sap, it's green fly poo. AKA honeydew

If it is greenfly poo, presumably applying a systemic insecticide on the tree would deal with it?
melted6 m ago

If it is greenfly poo, presumably applying a systemic insecticide on the …If it is greenfly poo, presumably applying a systemic insecticide on the tree would deal with it?

Not a chance. They breed like wildfire and you would need gallons of systemic to treat a tree. It is one of those things in summer. If you park under a tree in summer you will get honeydew on your car
Build a car port
Buy a Beaver.
Beaver is always the answer
Build a laser sap tracker that vaporises drops before they hit.
Maybe the ceramic coating people go on about might help. You'll have to Google it as I don't know much about it.

Lots of huge trees 20ft from my car, so it's covered in pollen and stuff daily especially when it's windy.

I just wash it once a week and spend 5 mins wiping it off with a microfiber cloth each day for a few days after washing it, as I like it looking good.

Love and hate living so close to trees.
Don't buy a car cover thing. Buy a tree cover thing!
STRICKIBHOY58 m ago

Don't buy a car cover thing. Buy a tree cover thing!

Fiddly to fit
EndlessWaves1 h, 40 m ago

Build a laser sap tracker that vaporises drops before they hit.

Sounds fun. Get on dragon's den
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants