Triban 100 advice

Found 21st Feb
I was looking at getting a triban 100 from decathlon for commuting, does anyone have any experience with this bike?

The odd gear shifter position and lack of gears are putting me off a bit.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
looks awful

for commuting this Roux conquest 2400 looks a bargain and as a cyclocross will be sturdy with much better gearing albeit £50 above what you are budgeting:
bikes2udirect.com/B76…wcB

if you are tall the triban 500SE at £269 looks better:
decathlon.co.uk/tri…tml

if you are small the merlin pr7 at £100 more than you budget but comes highly recommended:
merlincycles.com/mer…tml
Edited by: "Bertz99" 21st Feb
Thanks for the recommendations, I did try a triban 500se but the sizes they had left were far too big unfortunately.

Looks like I might need to up my budget a fair bit for a decent bike.
whitebook2 h, 8 m ago

Thanks for the recommendations, I did try a triban 500se but the sizes …Thanks for the recommendations, I did try a triban 500se but the sizes they had left were far too big unfortunately. Looks like I might need to up my budget a fair bit for a decent bike.

Just another option I have just seen, still £50 more than your budget and also another Roux:
winstanleysbikes.co.uk/bik…ike

This is more a road bike than the cyclo cross being a bit lighter, thinner tyres albeit the drive chain is still majority Shimano Claris 2400 and shifters in the brakes which is current standard.

Additionally 52cm available only but stuartc74post for the Viking razor at £324 with chain cycle reaction is also a good buy and lighter still.
Edited by: "Bertz99" 21st Feb
Thanks for the effort, I'll take a look at the choices and try make a decision.
yw - I posted the last roux as a deal so you should be able to see what others think to it as a deal
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants