Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Trick to get washing machine going, urgently

Posted 14th Dec 2019
We urgently need our washing machine to be working for today and tomorrow as we will be moving.

It says door is unlocked even when fully plugged in...

Hotpoint first edition...

I tried to trick it but still says door is not locked...
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

20 Comments
39363636-MA2tN.jpg
Guess door switch is bust.Hot wire door switch so it thinks door is always closed could fix. But don't complain if things don't work out.
Ah. I could guess which 2 to join but I don't know for sure. Try cleaning it
Edited by: "wayners" 14th Dec 2019
wayners14/12/2019 11:01

Ah. I could guess which 2 to join but I don't know for sure. Try cleaning …Ah. I could guess which 2 to join but I don't know for sure. Try cleaning it

Seems like decision of life lol
I think it's white ones I need to combine, if someone could confirm I will move forward, thanks
Can't you just go to the launderette for now? I wouldn't entertain meddling with the mechanics personally.

Moving this close to Christmas is stressful enough without having to worry about your washing machine refusing to open and stealing your clothes
Edited by: "darlodge" 14th Dec 2019
Is this because you're leaving the machine and the new owners will expect it to work?
mas9914/12/2019 12:13

Is this because you're leaving the machine and the new owners will expect …Is this because you're leaving the machine and the new owners will expect it to work?

I’m guessing that it’s because they are moving out of a rented place and want the landlord to think that the machine is working so as to get their deposit back.
Thank you to those who helped..

And

For all meriable stalkers, who have nothing positive to do in life... and talk bs all the times... And don't have brain of there own... I own this washing machine... It will go to recycling unit in a few days...
mas9914/12/2019 12:13

Is this because you're leaving the machine and the new owners will expect …Is this because you're leaving the machine and the new owners will expect it to work?

Are you stupid or what ? If it was landlord's I would ask him to come and fix it...
Haircut_10014/12/2019 12:24

I’m guessing that it’s because they are moving out of a rented place and wa …I’m guessing that it’s because they are moving out of a rented place and want the landlord to think that the machine is working so as to get their deposit back.

Are you stupid or what ? If it was landlord's I would ask him to come and fix it...
Hunt_Deal_Hunt14/12/2019 12:44

Are you stupid or what ? If it was landlord's I would ask him to come and …Are you stupid or what ? If it was landlord's I would ask him to come and fix it...

Hunt_Deal_Hunt14/12/2019 12:45

Are you stupid or what ? If it was landlord's I would ask him to come and …Are you stupid or what ? If it was landlord's I would ask him to come and fix it...

Then why the urgent rush to do a load of laundry in it when you are moving soon?
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 14th Dec 2019
For our old washer we used to be able to jam a butter knife behind the handle and force the latch in to get it to start.
Firs off, be very careful, those wires are at mains 240 volts and will kill you.
Next off, how are you tricking it?
Hotpoint offer a care &repair package. You can only start it when the product is broken. It's paid for month over 12months if they can't fix they'll replace.
mlauchlan14/12/2019 15:48

Hotpoint offer a care &repair package. You can only start it when the …Hotpoint offer a care &repair package. You can only start it when the product is broken. It's paid for month over 12months if they can't fix they'll replace.

12 month contract, how much is that?
Hunt_Deal_Hunt14/12/2019 12:43

Thank you to those who helped..AndFor all meriable stalkers, who have …Thank you to those who helped..AndFor all meriable stalkers, who have nothing positive to do in life... and talk bs all the times... And don't have brain of there own... I own this washing machine... It will go to recycling unit in a few days...

*their
It depends on what you have and the age. we cover all our kitchen appliances for around £20 I think.
Hunt_Deal_Hunt14/12/2019 12:43

Thank you to those who helped..AndFor all meriable stalkers, who have …Thank you to those who helped..AndFor all meriable stalkers, who have nothing positive to do in life... and talk bs all the times... And don't have brain of there own... I own this washing machine... It will go to recycling unit in a few days...

What’s with all the dots, is the full stop button getting stuck on your keyboard?
Haircut_10014/12/2019 20:52

What’s with all the dots, is the full stop button getting stuck on your k …What’s with all the dots, is the full stop button getting stuck on your keyboard?

It's an ellipsis.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions