Tricks for getting stuff at B&Q for cheaper

Found 6th Jun
Anyone aware of any hacks to get stuff for a bit cheaper?

I’m looking at spending £350 soon but can’t find any discount codes etc.

I know of the OAP discount, but re there any other ways of getting the price down? Such as discounts or deals on B&Q gift cards?

Thanks
Community Updates
AskB&Q
Top comments
Use their self checkout and scan everything as carrots.
19 Comments
Trade card but you lose your consumer rights.
depends what it is, try else where even their sister company screwfix will be cheaper, local builders merchants, etc
Use their self checkout and scan everything as carrots.
Sign up for B&Q discount card. You should get a £5 off £30 email within a week. You have more than one email account, I presume?
allowed4 h, 23 m ago

Trade card but you lose your consumer rights.

Oddly, it’s cheaper to buy retail than it is trade!!
eslick4 h, 14 m ago

depends what it is, try else where even their sister company screwfix …depends what it is, try else where even their sister company screwfix will be cheaper, local builders merchants, etc

It’s dulux weathershield paint. B&Q do it for £35 for 10ltrs, I can’t find it cheaper than this anywhere else
terriclarkfan3 h, 34 m ago

Sign up for B&Q discount card. You should get a £5 off £30 email within a w …Sign up for B&Q discount card. You should get a £5 off £30 email within a week. You have more than one email account, I presume?

I’ve tried this but not got a voucher through?
Do you know anyone work in big company?
My company has a reward website which offer buying B&Q gift card with couple percent off.
ktm66619 m ago

I’ve tried this but not got a voucher through?

Try another email address, so on and so on
ktm6664 h, 11 m ago

Oddly, it’s cheaper to buy retail than it is trade!!

ktm6664 h, 10 m ago

It’s dulux weathershield paint. B&Q do it for £35 for 10ltrs, I can’t find …It’s dulux weathershield paint. B&Q do it for £35 for 10ltrs, I can’t find it cheaper than this anywhere else

Correct, Dulux Retail paint is generally cheaper than Dulux Trade.

i.e. Dulux Trade Weathershield Smooth Masonry paint has a coverage of 4-6 m2 per litre.

Dulux 'Retail' Weathershield Smooth Masonry paint has a coverage of 16 m2 per litre.

Very roughly, the Trade paint is around 3/4 times thicker, better coverage = less coats required.

If your cheaper 'retail' paint required 2 coats, its not as cheap as you think..
Edited by: "andynicol" 6th Jun
Cisco060606:
Do you know anyone work in big company?
My company has a reward website which offer buying B&Q gift card with couple percent off.

8% off through RewardGateway if you know anyone with that scheme. List of some of them here.
Forces /blue light card gets you 10%off gift cards
Sign up for the b&q clubcard, make a purchase and wait a few days for the discount code, then use it to the limit to acquire the discount, wait a few days you’ll get another and repeat! I had repeated £10 off a £50 spend, spent £600 and saved £100 by breaking up my spend.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 6th Jun
cmdr_elito6 h, 38 m ago

Sign up for the b&q clubcard, make a purchase and wait a few days for the …Sign up for the b&q clubcard, make a purchase and wait a few days for the discount code, then use it to the limit to acquire the discount, wait a few days you’ll get another and repeat! I had repeated £10 off a £50 spend, spent £600 and saved £100 by breaking up my spend.

i do this all the time. Also last year there was a £10 off £50 spend on the neck of some bottles of beer. Think it was bombardier. I would like to say I'm ashamed to say I nicked a few from morrison s (the offer sleeve not the beer) but I'm not. Saved me a packet on the kitchen floor. I did buy a couple of beers, I just appropriated more than a couple of money off sleeves.
andynicol14 h, 41 m ago

Correct, Dulux Retail paint is generally cheaper than Dulux Trade.i.e. …Correct, Dulux Retail paint is generally cheaper than Dulux Trade.i.e. Dulux Trade Weathershield Smooth Masonry paint has a coverage of 4-6 m2 per litre.Dulux 'Retail' Weathershield Smooth Masonry paint has a coverage of 16 m2 per litre.Very roughly, the Trade paint is around 3/4 times thicker, better coverage = less coats required.If your cheaper 'retail' paint required 2 coats, its not as cheap as you think..

Yeah, I realise trade is better, the unfortunate situation im in though is that my neighbour has already been painting his in the retail version - I’ve spoken to dulux who have said the retail paint will be a different shade to the trade, so I need to get the retail version!
The comment I made about the retail being cheaper was more to do with B&Q trade and retail price on the retail paint if that makes sense?
Nana146th Jun

Forces /blue light card gets you 10%off gift cards

It’s 5% unfortunately, I looked !
cmdr_elito13 h, 32 m ago

Sign up for the b&q clubcard, make a purchase and wait a few days for the …Sign up for the b&q clubcard, make a purchase and wait a few days for the discount code, then use it to the limit to acquire the discount, wait a few days you’ll get another and repeat! I had repeated £10 off a £50 spend, spent £600 and saved £100 by breaking up my spend.

cmdr_elito13 h, 32 m ago

Yeah, I think this will be my best option. Thanks
ktm6661 h, 47 m ago

Yeah, I realise trade is better, the unfortunate situation im in though is …Yeah, I realise trade is better, the unfortunate situation im in though is that my neighbour has already been painting his in the retail version - I’ve spoken to dulux who have said the retail paint will be a different shade to the trade, so I need to get the retail version!The comment I made about the retail being cheaper was more to do with B&Q trade and retail price on the retail paint if that makes sense?

Makes perfect sense now you explain it.

Presumably your properties are joined so want the exact same colour..?

I think the best and easiest way to get discount at B&Q is 10% with there Diamond Card.
andynicol19 m ago

Makes perfect sense now you explain it.Presumably your properties are …Makes perfect sense now you explain it.Presumably your properties are joined so want the exact same colour..?I think the best and easiest way to get discount at B&Q is 10% with there Diamond Card.

Yeah, there are joined and I don’t want a ying yang effect!
I think the 10% OAP discount is good - although registering several club accounts and getting £5 off each £30 spent (basically £5 off every tin) gives the best discount, I’m not sure I can be bothered with the hassle!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions