Trip advisor business responses. Funny response from York Maze

Posted 30th Oct
Randomly came across the beauty of a reply from a business on trip advisor this morning.

I really think this York Maze response to this clearly very grumpy individual was hilarious, perhaps you need to have been to the attraction to enjoy the humour.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Sho…tml

3319881-MuTwT.jpg
Has anyone else every come across and funny responses?
Community Updates
Misc
21 Comments
Haha that made me chuckle.. I've read a few reviews in the past as I worked in one of the museum's in South Kensington..what the visitor said rang true.. But a lot of the time the managers or visitor services don't really bother replying..
I bet they've been saving up those puns for a while.
Then unleashing them all on some poor "corn"t you leaves a poor review
"with a massive discount", therefore, the venue does not have a big enough budget to add more features, or if the venue were well featured already, could have charged for more and there was less need to do massive discounts?! Rather than pointing out what additional value for money features there were, the owner was the joker, informing few features but hollowness.
Edited by: "splender" 30th Oct
splender30/10/2019 09:28

"with a massive discount", therefore, the venue does not have a big enough …"with a massive discount", therefore, the venue does not have a big enough budget to add more features, or if the venue were well featured already, could have charged for more and there was less need to do massive discounts?! Rather than pointing out what additional value for money features there were, the owner was the joker, informing few features but hollowness.

I genuinely can’t believe how cheeky the reviewer was in the first place as it’s rare to find discount for York Maze so they were lucky to get in for reduced entry anyway

The soft play comparison is ridiculous l know you can’t please everyone but it was insulting to say that.

Good on York Maze for calling them out in that fantastic response.
myusernamehasgone23430/10/2019 09:48

I genuinely can’t believe how cheeky the reviewer was in the first place a …I genuinely can’t believe how cheeky the reviewer was in the first place as it’s rare to find discount for York Maze so they were lucky to get in for reduced entry anywayThe soft play comparison is ridiculous l know you can’t please everyone but it was insulting to say that. Good on York Maze for calling them out in that fantastic response.

4.7 on Tripadvisor should be an excellent day out (e.g. compared to 4.3 rating for Hampton Court Maze)
splender30/10/2019 09:54

4.7 on Tripadvisor should be an excellent day out (e.g. compared to 4.3 …4.7 on Tripadvisor should be an excellent day out (e.g. compared to 4.3 rating for Hampton Court Maze)

4.7 to a millionaire is going to be a dam sight different to 4.7 for a (pillar of the country) minimum wage worker don’t you think??
sm1tt30/10/2019 10:02

4.7 to a millionaire is going to be a dam sight different to 4.7 for a …4.7 to a millionaire is going to be a dam sight different to 4.7 for a (pillar of the country) minimum wage worker don’t you think??

I don't understand, without boiling the ocean of human emotions, which aspects or specifcs are you stating here, why would 4.7 rating given by a millionaire be different from a 4.7 rating by a min. waged worker?
splender30/10/2019 10:13

I don't understand, without boiling the ocean of human emotions, which …I don't understand, without boiling the ocean of human emotions, which aspects or specifcs are you stating here, why would 4.7 rating given by a millionaire be different from a 4.7 rating by a min. waged worker?

Glad I’m not the only one confused by that comment
It was an example of fact! Apologies if your confused by that. The aspect or specific point of the matter I was trying to refer to is that people’s opinions/standards differ. What’s to say 4.3 is not excellent in comparison to 4.7?
sm1tt30/10/2019 10:40

It was an example of fact! Apologies if your confused by that. The aspect …It was an example of fact! Apologies if your confused by that. The aspect or specific point of the matter I was trying to refer to is that people’s opinions/standards differ. What’s to say 4.3 is not excellent in comparison to 4.7?

That wasn’t particularly clear.

I’m not sure wealth is the only thing that defines people standards and opinions
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 30th Oct
I had a read of the other guys reviews and they're right as well, every single review he's left has just shown him to be a miserable git
myusernamehasgone23430/10/2019 10:48

That wasn’t particularly clear.I’m not sure wealth is the only thing that d …That wasn’t particularly clear.I’m not sure wealth is the only thing that defines people standards and opinions

Apologies perhaps I should have elaborated more on my comment!

And you are indeed right wealth is by no means the only opinion or standard.
sm1tt30/10/2019 10:40

It was an example of fact! Apologies if your confused by that. The aspect …It was an example of fact! Apologies if your confused by that. The aspect or specific point of the matter I was trying to refer to is that people’s opinions/standards differ. What’s to say 4.3 is not excellent in comparison to 4.7?

You said before, "4.7 to a millionaire is going to be a dam sight different to 4.7 for a (pillar of the country) minimum wage worker"
You said, "It was an example of fact!"

My assessment, you have yet to state a fact as yet, that's why I asked you thus, what aspects or specifics are different because you said, "a dam sight different".

Now, you said, "I was trying to refer to is that people’s opinions/standards differ. What’s to say 4.3 is not excellent in comparison to 4.7?"

Of course, a rating 4.3 can be excellent compared to a rating 4.7? Again, you did not state an example of fact, you merely said that what’s to say 4.3 is not excellent in comparison to 4.7?

A fact is a thing done or performed, an action, deed, course of conduct; a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred. (sources from Oxford English Dictionary and WordWeb)

You cannot claim a fact, your statement is missing a piece of information about the circumstances that exist which explains what’s to say 4.3 is not excellent in comparison to 4.7!

Additionally, you cannot even claim yours is apersonal opinion, because you have just made an expression of excellence as an introduction but you have yet to tell us a further piece of information about how you think, namely: what is your judgement resting on what grounds; belief of something as probable, or as seeming to one's own mind to be true, though not certain or established (source: Oxford dictionary on "opinion". That's why I asked you what specifics and aspects.
splender30/10/2019 11:28

You said before, "4.7 to a millionaire is going to be a dam sight …You said before, "4.7 to a millionaire is going to be a dam sight different to 4.7 for a (pillar of the country) minimum wage worker"You said, "It was an example of fact!" My assessment, you have yet to state a fact as yet, that's why I asked you thus, what aspects or specifics are different because you said, "a dam sight different". Now, you said, "I was trying to refer to is that people’s opinions/standards differ. What’s to say 4.3 is not excellent in comparison to 4.7?"Of course, a rating 4.3 can be excellent compared to a rating 4.7? Again, you did not state an example of fact, you merely said that what’s to say 4.3 is not excellent in comparison to 4.7? A fact is a thing done or performed, an action, deed, course of conduct; a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred. (sources from Oxford English Dictionary and WordWeb)You cannot claim a fact, your statement is missing a piece of information about the circumstances that exist which explains what’s to say 4.3 is not excellent in comparison to 4.7! Additionally, you cannot even claim yours is a personal opinion, because you have just made an expression of excellence as an introduction but you have yet to tell us a further piece of information about how you think, namely: what is your judgement resting on what grounds; belief of something as probable, or as seeming to one's own mind to be true, though not certain or established (source: Oxford dictionary on "opinion". That's why I asked you what specifics and aspects.

sm1tt30/10/2019 11:08

Apologies perhaps I should have elaborated more on my comment!And you are …Apologies perhaps I should have elaborated more on my comment!And you are indeed right wealth is by no means the only opinion or standard.

You just put three nouns together in a short sentence: right weath, opinion, standard. Three sound bites. There is not a dicky-bird of meaning in reference to what you said earlier: What’s to say 4.3 is not excellent in comparison to 4.7?
splender30/10/2019 11:43

You just put three nouns together in a short sentence: right weath, …You just put three nouns together in a short sentence: right weath, opinion, standard. Three sound bites. There is not a dicky-bird of meaning in reference to what you said earlier: What’s to say 4.3 is not excellent in comparison to 4.7?

🙈
splender30/10/2019 11:43

You just put three nouns together in a short sentence: right weath, …You just put three nouns together in a short sentence: right weath, opinion, standard. Three sound bites. There is not a dicky-bird of meaning in reference to what you said earlier: What’s to say 4.3 is not excellent in comparison to 4.7?

Oh and what does ‘Weath’ mean exactly?
Oh and shouldn’t they’re 🙈 be a comma after right?
Edited by: "sm1tt" 30th Oct
sm1tt30/10/2019 11:56

Oh and what does ‘Weath’ mean exactly? Oh and shouldn’t they’re 🙈 b …Oh and what does ‘Weath’ mean exactly? Oh and shouldn’t they’re 🙈 be a comma after right?

You could amuse yourself a-mazingly at the York Maze and elsewehere with these observations of people around you.

And, last but not least:-

Your amusement allows you to offer a higher rating than 4.7 (not using wealth versus minimum wages).
Edited by: "splender" 30th Oct
splender30/10/2019 12:07

You could amuse yourself a-mazingly at the York Maze and elsewehere with …You could amuse yourself a-mazingly at the York Maze and elsewehere with these observations of people around you.And, last but not least:-Your amusement allows you to offer a higher rating than 4.7 (not using wealth versus minimum wages).

Likewise!!

Perhaps we could meet each other there sip a brew whilst you correct me on the use of the English language and I can spell check it all for you .

Hell, it might even end up with a 5 star review!!
sm1tt30/10/2019 12:12

Likewise!!Perhaps we could meet each other there sip a brew whilst you …Likewise!!Perhaps we could meet each other there sip a brew whilst you correct me on the use of the English language and I can spell check it all for you .Hell, it might even end up with a 5 star review!!

No thanks, thank you for your offer, no thanks, again. I don't believe ( an opinion) that your circumstances would do myself much good, here follows the information to support my opinion, just a starter for ten without being too particular:-

You said, "4.7 to a millionaire is going to be a dam sight different to 4.7 for a (pillar of the country) minimum wage worker(,) don’t you think?"

You said, "It was an example of fact! Apologies if your confused by that. The aspect or specific point of the matter I was trying to refer to is that people’s opinions/standards differ. What’s to say 4.3 is not excellent in comparison to 4.7?"
Think this may have drifted slightly off topic
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants