Triple extension ladder

Posted 11th Nov 2022
I am looking to buy a triple extension ladder or a ladder that can reach the top of a two storey house.

They are quite expensive new so wondering where is the best place to buy used ones? Any recommendation?

Anyone know what size ladder do I need? I have read at least 6m and may be best to get one up to 8m, is this correct?
Community Updates
New Comment

20 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Ask a neighbour if you can borrow their ladder I did that to clean my guttering he had a triple extension ladder only needed to use double extension ladder to reach the guttering of my 2 bed semi.
    Surely its best to get one that is long enough for your house?
    Author
    but how do i measure the height of my house? can't exactly do it with a tape measure!
    Have you looked on Facebook Marketplace?
    Author
    yeah, did look on ebay but they seem to be mainly for collection. i was wondering if there are retailers that sell used ladders with delivery.
    One thing that you may need to consider is the size of garage required to store them. I borrowed some from my brother in law and they only fitted into the garage diagonally which was a bit inconvenient until he was able to collect them.

Please don't leave them in the garden, even if they don't go missing as scrap metal they will give people access to yours or your neighbours upstairs windows.

I'm actually considering a small scaffold tower rather than a ladder, I feel they're a little safer and (hopefully) easier to store. Obviously they're a bit more expensive though.
    It might be worth phoning your local house clearance company they might have some. I bought mine from a local auction and a couple of us walked back home with them.
    Author
    there doesn't seem to be a market for used tools like tech stuff. we need the likes of CEX to operate in the trade tools market. looks like there is a gap in the market there.

you don't need brand new tools.
    Whereabouts in the country are you?
    You can borrow mine.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants