Expired

trolled by Yodel - shows delivered, but it's not.

Found 3rd Aug 2012
ok, so finally I got trolled by Yodel.

Ordered something from Tesco Direct, tracking shows this:

The parcel has been sorted at our hub (DROITWICH)
1st Aug 2012 23:01
The parcel has been received into depot (BOREHAMWOOD DEPOT)
2nd Aug 2012 04:19
The parcel has been loaded on to the drivers van (BOREHAMWOOD VAN)
2nd Aug 2012 09:18
The parcel has been delivered (CUSTOMER)
2nd Aug 2012 16:00

I was at home all afternoon, no bell rang, no one knocked on the door.

just in case I asked the neighbors, if there wasn't any box left - of course there wasn't (but whenever it was eg by Parcelforce, they would leave a note anyway)

bottom line - box is not here, I haven't signed for anything.

Yodel was ok with deliveries to my address, until this.

I'm just about to call Tesco, anything I should do beforehand?
Community Updates
MiscCourierDeliveryYodel
38 Comments
looked in a hedge? i hear they like to chuck parcels over/in hedges
Novel. A Yodel moaning thread.
Yeah, check back garden, in any bins (recycling ones?), ledges, shed?

Otherwise it's going back to tesco for proof of delivery
I felt like stupid checking out the black bin for box from tesco, but nothing there. same with garden.
2littledds

has it been delivered to store?

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/545/OpoQQ.jpg
I know some people are not all that smart, but...no, this was home delivery.
You have the tracking number - why not ring Yodel?
The will speak to the driver direct
I wouldn't trust Yodel's tracking for a second. I was told my parcel was out for delivery for 7 consecutive days but it never was, it finally arrived 3 weeks after I had ordered!!! Terrible service!
DAMNOME

You have the tracking number - why not ring Yodel?The will speak to the … You have the tracking number - why not ring Yodel?The will speak to the driver direct

EllemseeUk says:
,My parcel containing a cast iron frying pan and Pyrex glass casseroles was dropped over a six foot high gate. Tracking wrongly states "in porch" but delivery card correctly states "in garden". Naturally some of the glass smashed to pieces. Awaiting a response from Yodel Borehamwood.020 8236 5153 their geographic number gets you through straight away the 0844 248 0885 puts you in a queue, I hung on for half an hour before giving up!

maybe because of things like this?
kunyk

EllemseeUk says: ,My parcel containing a cast iron frying pan and Pyrex … EllemseeUk says: ,My parcel containing a cast iron frying pan and Pyrex glass casseroles was dropped over a six foot high gate. Tracking wrongly states "in porch" but delivery card correctly states "in garden". Naturally some of the glass smashed to pieces. Awaiting a response from Yodel Borehamwood.020 8236 5153 their geographic number gets you through straight away the 0844 248 0885 puts you in a queue, I hung on for half an hour before giving up!maybe because of things like this?

Has to be quicker than hopeing the yodal man who delivered your parcel uses hukd and logs onto this thread to tell you where the item is
Edited by: "winifer" 3rd Aug 2012
I would ring the nearest store with a collection point anyway just in case op, 2 weeks ago I had a delivery meant for home del taken to my local store & last week I had 1 meant for store collection del to my home, same thing happened back in march to my dad
just checked tracking again and

The parcel has been sorted at our hub (DROITWICH) 1st Aug 2012 23:01
The parcel has been received into depot (BOREHAMWOOD DEPOT) 2nd Aug 2012 04:19
The parcel has been loaded on to the drivers van (BOREHAMWOOD VAN) 2nd Aug 2012 09:18
The parcel has been delivered (CUSTOMER) 2nd Aug 2012 14:03
The parcel has been delivered (CUSTOMER) 2nd Aug 2012 16:00

seriously, wtf?
Had this the other week when I bought something from Amazon, yodel said it had been delivered but it had not, phoned Amazon and they said they would sort it out, I said to the women the next day why did you say it had been delivered, but she would not give me a answer .

called Tesco

lady said it's been signed with some random name, I've never heard of

will receive a call later, as they query it with Yodel.

I bet it's been delivered to another address in the neighborhood.
hi

just got of the phone from bargaincarzy online store as yodel havent taken my TV which has delayed my refund since last week.

Yodel finally came 2 hours ago so i guess they aint coming today mate!

But Yodel is a big concern and people just be careful.
My Yodel 48 package that i sent has turned in to Yodel 96. @@@@@@ Yodel
Checked your roof? Its standard procedure.

Just had a 15yr old from yodel collect my parcel. I am brimming with re-assurance right now.
simplyjimbo

My Yodel 48 package that i sent has turned in to Yodel 96. @@@@@@ Yodel

Sent an item with collect plus end of June. It still isnt delivered! Beat that one!
Haven't had a problem with Collect+ since I've used them fortunately, but Yodel are a real funny bunch. I'm sure they just collect all the parcels, and do a lottery. Must be their 3rd rollover now, so someone's bound to get a parcel this week.
sorted.

I live at property 96.

This morning a neighbor form 92 came, to tell me that Yodel delivered MY box to 91, and left him a card at 92.

Luckily the neighbors here are good people, but really, are Yodel drivers that retarded that they cannot distinguish between 91 and 96?
kunyk

sorted.I live at property 96.This morning a neighbor form 92 came, to … sorted.I live at property 96.This morning a neighbor form 92 came, to tell me that Yodel delivered MY box to 91, and left him a card at 92.Luckily the neighbors here are good people, but really, are Yodel drivers that retarded that they cannot distinguish between 91 and 96?

I recently went to buy a guitar from a guy who lived at 48 Something Street. I got to 44, after having some trouble working out which direction I was supposed to be walking in (it was a normal street, with odd numbers coming towards me and even numbers heading away from me), and then thought to myself, 'yay', as I was only two buildings from my destination. I was actually 6 small houses (each numbered 46a, 46b, 46c, and so on) and one block of flats, presumably with addresses like 46h/5 2f2 inside it.

It was on that day that I earned a new level of understanding for the difficulty that delivery workers face every day.
yeah, but the delivery address is 96, so why did he dump it at 91, leaving a note at 92, if 96 is about 15 metres away.

it's just houses with number here no 2/2 or /a /b .

so if my IQ is not below 70 and I can find address with 91, I can find 96 with not that much more effort.
Ordered a phone from e2save , should of come yesterday, but some women could not be bothered to ring my door bell today and just stuck a card through the door, it has a number to call so phoned that and can't be bothered to answer the phone .
philmitchell

Had this the other week when I bought something from Amazon, yodel said … Had this the other week when I bought something from Amazon, yodel said it had been delivered but it had not, phoned Amazon and they said they would sort it out, I said to the women the next day why did you say it had been delivered, but she would not give me a answer .

If you work as 'Self Employed' for Yodel, they will most likely pay you per parcel.

She probably marked it as Delivered, to get paid thinking she would drop it off the next day.

Two reasons: Either ran out of hours or you get penalised for late delivery.
Free phone number if anyone wants it .

0800 157 7777
I have had some right laughs with Yodel, delivered a £1500 lens about a mile away, then they got it and delivered it to some other address. They dropped a laptop over a 6 ft fence, and countless times have missed our house.
philmitchell

Free phone number if anyone wants it .0800 157 7777

They are useless to deal with. If you have a local dept, google yodel (add dept name here) then add your dialling code, will most of the time bring up the local dept number.
Wow this company sounds like a complete and utter farce. One to avoid
Add me to the list!

Latest tracking information
26/09/2012 19:08 Order being processed at Shaw
26/09/2012 20:59 Parcel being packed Shaw
26/09/2012 21:12 Despatched from warehouse Shaw
26/09/2012 21:13 Received at SHAW HUB
26/09/2012 23:56 Received at MIDDLETON SERVICE CENTRE (YODEL)
27/09/2012 07:33 Loaded onto van at MIDDLETON HOME DELIVERY (YODEL)
27/09/2012 18:25 Parcel delivered - with signature MIDDLETON HOME DELIVERY (YODEL)

NO SIGN OF ANY PARCEL ANYWHERE I WAS HOME TIL 10PM!

then i just randomly googled "yodel says delivered" and BINGO apparently YODEL is popular for all wrong reasons
Oh and they have made it to Watchdog too.

bbc.co.uk/blo…tml
I work for a company which sends out many packages every day. A brief try at using Yodel has ended with a large number of very poor delivery experiences, and some dreadful conversations with our recipients. They are without a doubt the worst company in the world - not just at delivering stuff, the worst full stop.
Don'y use them.
Deliveries from Yodel are a complete lottery. They have a lot of foreign couriers as they can't get british ones to work for peanuts. The couriers are self-employed and earn something like 50p per delivery so work out how many deliveries they have to make for a decent wage including petrol and you can see why it is such a haphazard service. If I order anything online I pray that its not Yodel delivering it.
It's unbelievable that any business in their right senses wld use these guys. It's beyond me. I've been calling their number for the past 3 hours with no response whatsoever. I wouldn't even wait for them to reddeliver.
YODEL lost £400 worth of computer components I ordered from CCL. CCL then angered me more by taking over a week to sort out reship.

Spoke to a Customer Services manager at CCL and told them until they stop trusting their business reputation to such a terrible company as YODEL will never do business with them again and will do everything I can to stop others shopping there. They said they were already in the process of stopping using them, still haven't though.

Point is companies are gambling with their own reputation using YODEL just cos it saves them a few pence. Speak to someone with the possibility of making a change and let them know why you won't use them. En masse, companies get the message.
Same with me!! Called yodel as my online status said delivered it changed to delivered while I was sitting in the house?? Yodel said they will check with amazon. I'm going to check my hedges just in case though!!
Hi im a young british guy who recently tried a couple of weeks working at yodel ad self employed delivery driver. With no training no inductions and not even asking for id or driving docs i was on my way. I can honestly say they treat the drivers as bad as the parcels and i was constantly overloaded with 3/4 post codes which takes the driving and working hours to the point of no sleep. As driver u do your best to see all parcels delivered as you dont get paid tor them returned but we are told to follow instructions on the scanner set out by yodel and if it says deliver at naibors we r told to go as far as we can left or right as long as its delivered. And if it says leave anywhere at property thats what were told to do. We r non stop all day from 5 till 10/11 pm leaving depot and any parcels bought back we incure fines up to 19 .50 per parcel. Its slavery making them millions while everyone else suffers and i would not recomend to even sum1 from the poorest of backgrounds. I am also 4 weekd late being paid for the twoweeks i worked there. Mental and physical torchure from such a "big" company. Aviod at all costs.
Sounds just like the documentary I watched on German TV about DHL contract drivers.

The contractor company that employs the drivers doesn't get paid for a parcel, unless it is delivered directly to the customer. Drivers are encouraged to keep trying again and again, before dropping the parcel off at the local post office for the customer to collect from there themselves. The contractors also get paid less and work longer hours than proper DHL employees do. If ones quota of delivered/undeliverable parcels gets too high, drivers will first get grief from their line manager and eventually sacked. The only difference seems to be that in the case of DHL parcels have to be returned to the depot every night and drivers are forbidden to dump items other than if a neighbour is prepared to sign for it.

The undercover reported pretty much concluded that it wasn't just the worst paid job @ just under €5 an hour, but also one of the hardest. During the 4weeks he did the job he had around 200 parcels to deliver every day, sometimes more.

One thing that was amazing to see was just how much people order from Amazon these days. It looked like every 2nd item originated from Amazon. oO
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 1st Mar 2013

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions