Groups

Tropical Fishy! (Bristol Area) Pick up only - Free to a good home =]

Hey people, I was giving out most of my fish as we need to clear up some space!
    I've only got one left..

Anyone in the Bristol area who want this fishy?

It's a tropical fish so it can't just go into a fish bowl it'll need a warm watered tank.
    It's about 1 Year old or so (I have no idea what type of fish it is..)

Picture to follow!

32 Comments

Is it in good health?

and not battered

Original Poster

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/836/img00011201006021249.jpg

Original Poster

Predikuesi;8745163

Is it in good health?and not battered

Lol, yup he's in good health, he's been quite lonely for quite some time.
    All his friends were sold off as they were in pairs

He's like king of the tank swimming around though :whistling:

Banned

you should probably point out that you can't just put this fish in a gold fish bowl.

Never underestimate the stupidity of this forum's clientèle.

Original Poster

vibeone;8745211

you should probably point out that you can't just put this fish in a gold … you should probably point out that you can't just put this fish in a gold fish bowl.Never underestimate the stupidity of this forum's clientèle.

Will do, Thanks =]

Boom123;8745178

Lol, yup he's in good health, he's been quite lonely for quite some time. … Lol, yup he's in good health, he's been quite lonely for quite some time. All his friends were sold off as they were in pairsHe's like king of the tank swimming around though :whistling:

How do you tell when a fish is lonely? :?

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;8745222

How do you tell when a fish is lonely? :?

He has no friends!
    He's all on his own, I'd be lonely if I were him

Boom123;8745231

He has no friends!He's all on his own, I'd be lonely if I were him

But you're not him, he might be a grumpy fish, or a morman fish.

with a 7 second memory he's forgot what its like to have company, he may just think this is how the world is and accepted that he is the only one of his kind.

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;8745241

But you're not him, he might be a grumpy fish, or a morman fish.with a 7 … But you're not him, he might be a grumpy fish, or a morman fish.with a 7 second memory he's forgot what its like to have company, he may just think this is how the world is and accepted that he is the only one of his kind.

Well then even if he's grumpy. I don't want him!
    We really need to move this tank outta the way.

I wonder if I took it to a pet store? Would they take it?

maybe, I know that with marine fish they are quaranteened (sp) for a while, dunno if they'd do the same with common coldwater or tropical fish though.

Just reminded me of a poem I read in a book when I was a kid:
    Ode to a Goldfish
    Oh Wet Pet.

Original Poster

MBeeching;8745293

Just reminded me of a poem I read in a book when I was a kid:Ode to a … Just reminded me of a poem I read in a book when I was a kid:Ode to a Goldfish Oh Wet Pet.

:? :? :? :?

this is my favorite thread ever, have some rep Boom, i hope you succeed in fish-relocation.

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;8745329

this is my favorite thread ever, have some rep Boom, i hope you succeed … this is my favorite thread ever, have some rep Boom, i hope you succeed in fish-relocation.

Thanks?
    Rep for you too

Poor fishy. No one wants to take him.
    Shall I eat him? with my chips?

Boom123;8745357

Thanks?Rep for you tooPoor fishy. No one wants to take him. Shall I eat … Thanks?Rep for you tooPoor fishy. No one wants to take him. Shall I eat him? with my chips?

put him in a local pond.

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;8745359

put him in a local pond.

The local pond is about 2 miles away. It's too far..plus he'll probably die of coldness. :thinking:

he tropical?

can u post it?

Boom123;8745386

The local pond is about 2 miles away. It's too far..plus he'll probably … The local pond is about 2 miles away. It's too far..plus he'll probably die of coldness. :thinking:

Buy him a wet suit :thumbsup:
    or run a 'long' extension lead and hide the tank in the pond....

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;8745406

he tropical?

Oh yus :roll:

MarzBarz;8745414

can u post it?

Nuh uh, I know you'll just cook this up in a matter of seconds but.. Bahut Bahut Shukriya for the reply. ;-)

MBeeching;8745419

Buy him a wet suit :thumbsup:or run a 'long' extension lead and hide the … Buy him a wet suit :thumbsup:or run a 'long' extension lead and hide the tank in the pond....

The tank is a beast! It's hugeeee! Bigger than the pond probably!

Is it a dwarf gourami ?

You do realise it will need to go into an established tank with cycled filter & heater if you get this fish ?

Original Poster

ChrisUK;8745542

Is it a dwarf gourami ?You do realise it will need to go into an … Is it a dwarf gourami ?You do realise it will need to go into an established tank with cycled filter & heater if you get this fish ?

No idea what it is to be honest.. My brother got it a while back..

I've got the fish, I want to give it to someone with an established tank with cycled filter & heater :thumbsup:

Boom123;8745551

No idea what it is to be honest.. My brother got it a while back..I've … No idea what it is to be honest.. My brother got it a while back..I've got the fish, I want to give it to someone with an established tank with cycled filter & heater :thumbsup:

It looks like one (they come in a variety of colours) - but cant tell 100% from your pic.

See if it looks like one of these:

google.co.uk/ima…=wi

once identified, might be easier to get rid of

If you have no luck, put it on this site, very good & someone should take it from you.

tropicalfish.site5.com/tfc/

Original Poster

ChrisUK;8745583

It looks like one (they come in a variety of colours) - but cant tell … It looks like one (they come in a variety of colours) - but cant tell 100% from your pic.See if it looks like one of these:http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=dwarf%20gourami&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wionce identified, might be easier to get rid of :)If you have no luck, put it on this site, very good & someone should take it from you.http://www.tropicalfish.site5.com/tfc/

Hmm looks alot like it but I assume dwarf would mean its small right?
    The fishy looks bigger than the ones in the pic..

Oh and thanks for the website rep left =]

Yea, they are still about 3-4" though.

You can get normal gourami's, but I cant place that colouring !!

Original Poster

Bump for the evening

lol stil not got rid of this fish? he must well have a complex by now.

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;8746250

lol stil not got rid of this fish? he must well have a complex by now.

He's going in to the windows of the tank. He's very grumpy now - as though he wants to take it out on me!

I might just go for the pond technique..

Boom123;8746278

He's going in to the windows of the tank. He's very grumpy now - as … He's going in to the windows of the tank. He's very grumpy now - as though he wants to take it out on me!I might just go for the pond technique..

If it's tropical, it will die in a pond................

Take it to your local fish shop

Original Poster

ChrisUK;8746298

If it's tropical, it will die in a pond................Take it to your … If it's tropical, it will die in a pond................Take it to your local fish shop

Lol, local pet store's closed, I'll try tomorrow

I've put it on gumtree.
    I'll ask a few friends too!

Original Poster

evening bump?!

Original Poster

Yay someones gonna come pick it up tomorrow!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Marvel characters23
      2. Finally got a Xbox one s22
      3. Battery drain on iOS 111316
      4. Just an thought regarding Paypal1110

See more discussions