Expired

Trouble locating parcel with Argos online please help

Found 15th Feb 2014
Basically I ordered the Canon MG3250 printer early on Thursday morning to be eligible for their next day delivery. Order went through a breeze. They took my money from my account. Friday came and went and no delivery. I sent them an email about where my item is exactly on Friday evening. Today, Saturday, they sent me an email saying my item was delivered today at 1 PM. I wasn't even home today because I know Argos only deliver on Saturdays if you pay the extra for Saturday delivery so I just got on with my day not expecting a parcel. Nobody was home and I do not have neighbours. I've asked them to provide me with a proof of signature. What steps can I take to make sure someone hasn't just nicked my parcel?? Also does anyone know what courier Argos currently use?? This is really frustrating. All I wanted was a printer and now it's turned into some drama I really do not need.
Community Updates
AskParcel Service
9 Comments
they need sign and then give u parcel..give them a call
rabi

they need sign and then give u parcel..give them a call

I have. All they can tell me is that it says the item was delivered at 1PM today and that they will talk to their carriers. I don't have a porch or place in my open driveway where they could hide something as big as a printer either. I also asked to see proof of signature and they said they will contact me in 24hrs. First time shopping Argos online and seriously it will be my last because of this experience.
thats not good...well i have experienced the drivers are in such a rush that they will even take sign off a pet..and scoot off...i will advice u 2 wait and see and hoepfully this will be sorted 4u good luck.
Which courier do they even use?
Yodel and city link
Yodel are known for leaving packages in dodgy places see picture below.. http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/r2.jpg

metro.co.uk/201…75/

I wasn't even home today because I know Argos only deliver on Saturdays … I wasn't even home today because I know Argos only deliver on Saturdays if you pay the extra for Saturday delivery so I just got on with my day not expecting a parcel

I have. All they can tell me is that it says the item was delivered at … I have. All they can tell me is that it says the item was delivered at 1PM today and that they will talk to their carriers. I don't have a porch or place in my open driveway where they could hide something as big as a printer either. I also asked to see proof of signature and they said they will contact me in 24hrs. First time shopping Argos online and seriously it will be my last because of this experience

That's seriously the most stupidest thing I've ever read. It's my prerogative to reorganize delivery?? And how do you suppose I do that exactly when I don't even know which courier they use? Have you even used their tracking feature? There's absolutely no details about courier, item location or proof of electronic signature. Was I even left a 'we missed you' note? It said delivered on Saturday. I was not home. I have an open drive. Absolutely nowhere to hide a parcel let alone something as big as a printer. Argos have twice ignored my question about which courier they use or used in this instance. They also promised to contact me in 24 hrs with the proof of signature that I asked for and where the item was delivered to. Another promise which they failed to keep. On top of all that I checked the tracking again and suddenly from being delivered on Saturday it has now miraculously been changed to 'delivered on Friday'. I am being messed around to no end.

If it's Yodel behind this I am not surprised. If it's City Link then I would be a bit surprised as I have not encountered problems with them before. Either way Argos look intent on not letting me know which courier they used to ship my item which is ridiculous considering I paid for the item and service so I should have a right to know who is handling my item and its whereabouts.
oliverkennedy10

Yodel are known for leaving packages in dodgy places see picture below.. … Yodel are known for leaving packages in dodgy places see picture below.. http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/13/peter-preston-yodel-leaves-parcel-under-plant-pot-4303275/

Oh my days.
nemesiz

One of the couriers they use are Yodel.

Not suprised then - Just asked as was going to order something..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions