Groups

Trouble Sleeping

I've been having terrible trouble sleeping recently! I'm up for work mon-fri at 6 to start at half 7. Usually in the house for around 7pm. Only problem is no matter how tired i am i just cant sleep!
    Does anybody know any ideas that actually work that will be able to help me sleep!?

Cheers

53 Comments

I find a good hearty fap helps send me off. Besides that, I recommend avoiding anything caffinated.

dxx;4890406

I find a good hearty fap helps send me off.

lmao

do you have something on your mind that is worrying you?

booze

Read some JFK threads.....Sends me to sleep every time:-D

kalms tablets-work an absolute treat!

dxx;4890406

I find a good hearty fap helps send me off. Besides that, I recommend … I find a good hearty fap helps send me off. Besides that, I recommend avoiding anything caffinated.

I'm probably showing my age/regional location but what's a fap? Does it involve vigourous shaking of one part of your body with another part of your body? Cause that always helps me sleep! :lazy:

whats a fap?

I have had problems and rather than start using drugs....
    I put the radio alarm on and then go through a favorite walk or journey step by step... this has the effect of stopping you thinking about the crap that stop you sleeping,, has worked for me for some time.. hope it helps

Trickyjabs;4890459

I'm probably showing my age/regional location but what's a fap? Does it … I'm probably showing my age/regional location but what's a fap? Does it involve vigourous shaking of one part of your body with another part of your body? Cause that always helps me sleep! :lazy:

It is a bit like a fooFAPatookah... but doesnt last as long.

[SIZE="4"]Lay off the weed dude...! :-D

a Fap? dont you mean the PowerFap? This will surely get you to sleep man...[/SIZE]

http://www.pwsonline.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/myFiles/PowerFap.jpg

Original Poster

dxx;4890406

I find a good hearty fap helps send me off. Besides that, I recommend … I find a good hearty fap helps send me off. Besides that, I recommend avoiding anything caffinated.

i lol'd hard

I went through a similar problem a few years ago. I found that going to the beach and taking in plenty of sea air used to help.

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;4890420

do you have something on your mind that is worrying you?

Nope nothing at all well not that i know of anyway lol
    starsparkle2311;4890448

jack your job in, sounds like stress:thumbsup: If only eh?

Oh if i could pack in my job i would in a heart beat. To bad i need the money tho
    barky;4890451

kalms tablets-work an absolute treat!

what are these ? not really to keen to take tablets tho tbh
    mosskeeto;4890477

I have had problems and rather than start using drugs....I put the radio … I have had problems and rather than start using drugs....I put the radio alarm on and then go through a favorite walk or journey step by step... this has the effect of stopping you thinking about the crap that stop you sleeping,, has worked for me for some time.. hope it helps

sounds like a good idea although i really dont have anything going through my head, my life really consists of work during the week and partying at the weekend. No problems at all really

I ain't been bothered to read the rest, but whats a FAP? Do you mean a "hows ya father"?

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;4890596

I ain't been bothered to read the rest, but whats a FAP? Do you mean a … I ain't been bothered to read the rest, but whats a FAP? Do you mean a "hows ya father"?

he means have a wa*k

ClarityofMind;4890481

It is a bit like a fooFAPatookah... but doesnt last as long.

Thanks for clearing that up! :thumbsup:

Banned

You need a woman in your life.

if you're having trouble sleeping it usually has either an emotional or a physical basis.

Even though you dont feel that you are worrying about something, ask yourself if anything stressful is going on in your life at the moment. New job/new place to live/ any bereavment/relationship difficulties/money worries all that kind of thing might buzz around in your head when you are trying to sleep and keep you awake for longer than you would have been otherwise.

If its due to a physical cause do as other people have suggested, make sure you are exercising regularly, eating properly, avoid caffeine or anything else that makes you "buzz".

If you still cant think of any cause for this sleeplessness you might want to consider seeing your GP just for some blood tests to make sure theres nothing wrong inside causing this sleeplessness. Sometimes thyroid problems for instance can alter how much sleep we need.

Last point is... medication. Consider whether you are taking any pills or whatever and read up to find out if they have any side effects that might include this in some people.

Other than this... perhaps you are just suffering from a change in habit and routine and dont need as much sleep as you used to do?

Hope this helps x x

scotland88;4890621

he means have a wa*k

Gee whizz grosse? Thought you had a lass to do that for ya?

scotland88;4890621

he means have a wa*k

a walk? :?

xcookx;4890555

I found that going to the beach and taking in plenty of sea air used to … I found that going to the beach and taking in plenty of sea air used to help.

What if he lives in Birmingham? :oops:

Original Poster

DLM;4890630

You need a woman in your life.

Is that you offering gorgeous ?
    ClarityofMind;4890633

if you're having trouble sleeping it usually has either an emotional or a … if you're having trouble sleeping it usually has either an emotional or a physical basis. Even though you dont feel that you are worrying about something, ask yourself if anything stressful is going on in your life at the moment. New job/new place to live/ any bereavment/relationship difficulties/money worries all that kind of thing might buzz around in your head when you are trying to sleep and keep you awake for longer than you would have been otherwise. If its due to a physical cause do as other people have suggested, make sure you are exercising regularly, eating properly, avoid caffeine or anything else that makes you "buzz". If you still cant think of any cause for this sleeplessness you might want to consider seeing your GP just for some blood tests to make sure theres nothing wrong inside causing this sleeplessness. Sometimes thyroid problems for instance can alter how much sleep we need. Last point is... medication. Consider whether you are taking any pills or whatever and read up to find out if they have any side effects that might include this in some people. Other than this... perhaps you are just suffering from a change in habit and routine and dont need as much sleep as you used to do?Hope this helps x x

i will have a think about this.thanks very much x

Trickyjabs;4890627

Thanks for clearing that up! :thumbsup:

you're welcome lol

scotland88;4890658

i will have a think about this.thanks very much x

You're welcome hon, good luck xx

Banned

scotland88;4890658

Is that you offering gorgeous?

No sorry, I can't help you.

I would love to but my man is for life hopefully.

You are young and handsome there must be plenty of girlie's out there for you.

Original Poster

DLM;4890696

No sorry, I can't help you.I would love to but my man is for life … No sorry, I can't help you.I would love to but my man is for life hopefully.You are young and handsome there must be plenty of girlie's out there for you.

shame! Getting a guys hopes up like that.

Although dont think the gf would be to happy if anything did happen! lol

scotland88;4890565

what are these ? not really to keen to take tablets tho tbh

kalms tablets are herbal,homeopathic-you buy em off the shelf in asda and chemists-I was reccomended them,was totally sceptical but they work-no idea why tbh but they just do.

Original Poster

barky;4890719

kalms tablets are herbal,homeopathic-you buy em off the shelf in asda and … kalms tablets are herbal,homeopathic-you buy em off the shelf in asda and chemists-I was reccomended them,was totally sceptical but they work-no idea why tbh but they just do.

may have to give them a look, gf works in asda so will get a little discount on them aswell! AAAHHH hukd and discounts LOVE IT! lol

Banned

scotland88;4890712

shame! Getting a guys hopes up like that.Although dont think the gf would … shame! Getting a guys hopes up like that.Although dont think the gf would be to happy if anything did happen! lol

I'm glad you have somone, hope she is nice.

You wouldn't want me, if you met me.

I'm old and stressed x x

DLM;4890750

I'm glad you have somone, hope she is nice.You wouldn't want me, if you … I'm glad you have somone, hope she is nice.You wouldn't want me, if you met me.I'm old and stressed x x

So is the Forth Road Bridge but that takes a good pounding every day :w00t:

DLM;4890750

I'm glad you have somone, hope she is nice.You wouldn't want me, if you … I'm glad you have somone, hope she is nice.You wouldn't want me, if you met me.I'm old and stressed x x

BaH. You're gorgeous and any man would be lucky to have you x x

Banned

StevenA2000_uk;4890768

[/B]So is the Forth Road Bridge but that takes a good pounding every day … [/B]So is the Forth Road Bridge but that takes a good pounding every day :w00t:

:-D

ClarityofMind;4890778

BaH. You're gorgeous and any man would be lucky to have you x x

Thanks honey x x

I have just got a hop pillow as i have been having trouble sleeping and it works for me.

flynnsbeefarm.co.uk/cat…307

Or this does the same thing:thumbsup:

mikebike;4890842

I have just got a hop pillow as i have been having trouble sleeping and … I have just got a hop pillow as i have been having trouble sleeping and it works for me.http://www.flynnsbeefarm.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=307Or this does the same thing:thumbsup:

I use something like that too.... I dont think it really helps enduce sleep but it smells pleasant and helps me relax x x

Have a hot shower or bath before bed.

Original Poster

The JFK;4890992

not really a bath man tbh dont like the idea of sitting in my own dirt lol
    will try a hot shower tonight tho thanks man

Trickyjabs;4890653

What if he lives in Birmingham? :oops:

Go for a long drive. By the time he gets there he'll want to sleep ;-)

The JFK;4890992

that was a helpful idea though x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp12
      2. What is there free to do in your town?37
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …279966
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635

See more discussions