Trouble with Get Me In Tickets, refusing to cancel my sale.

Found 10th Nov 2015
I'm having trouble with Get Me In tickets, my mum told me that she had bought me a ticket for The Stone Roses show in Manchester next year, she said she had purchased the ticket for the Friday night 17th June 2016, I go away to Malia that morning so I decided to post the ticket for sale on GetMeIn for face value price, the ticket sold within minutes, then my mum came home from work & told me her computer crashed at the last minute & she was unable to buy the ticket, I have contacted Get Me In but they are telling me i Have to buy another ticket for the buyer or they will buy one for him on my behalf, which means I will be out of pocket anyway and the tickets are now selling for well over face value, they will not let me cancel the sale, Has anyone ever had this sort of trouble with them before?
Community Updates
Ask
26 Comments
OP,

I would explain the situation as best you can while remaining calm and civil in your writing.

Ask if they can cancel the sale.

I'm not sure how GetMeIn works, but maybe you could try contacting the buyer and explaining it as well.
If you aint got it you cant send it simple.
I'm trying to get my head round this post - surely just refund the buyer if you never had the ticket to sell? And the site where your mum tried to buy you a ticket cannot enforce the sale of something at a higher price when in fact you didn't have the ticket in the first place - am I missing something here or what?
I use getmein and you can't sell tix without seat numbers etc so how did you post a ticket for sale ?!?!
3.1 Listing Tickets as a Selling Member. Approved Selling Members of GET ME IN! may list tickets for sale on the Website. As part of the listing process, the Selling Member must assign a price to the tickets and provide information such as the event, date, section,, and row. Further instructions and requirements on listing items can be found once logged in on the Website. By placing a ticket for sale on the Website you are offering to sell that particular ticket to a Buyer for the price assigned to it by you. If Buyer accepts the offer for sale of that ticket, you are contractually bound to supply that ticket to them.
choc1969

3.1 Listing Tickets as a Selling Member. Approved Selling Members of GET … 3.1 Listing Tickets as a Selling Member. Approved Selling Members of GET ME IN! may list tickets for sale on the Website. As part of the listing process, the Selling Member must assign a price to the tickets and provide information such as the event, date, section,, and row. Further instructions and requirements on listing items can be found once logged in on the Website. By placing a ticket for sale on the Website you are offering to sell that particular ticket to a Buyer for the price assigned to it by you. If Buyer accepts the offer for sale of that ticket, you are contractually bound to supply that ticket to them.

This original post is not at all what it seems.
choc1969

3.1 Listing Tickets as a Selling Member. Approved Selling Members of GET … 3.1 Listing Tickets as a Selling Member. Approved Selling Members of GET ME IN! may list tickets for sale on the Website. As part of the listing process, the Selling Member must assign a price to the tickets and provide information such as the event, date, section,, and row. Further instructions and requirements on listing items can be found once logged in on the Website. By placing a ticket for sale on the Website you are offering to sell that particular ticket to a Buyer for the price assigned to it by you. If Buyer accepts the offer for sale of that ticket, you are contractually bound to supply that ticket to them.

Might have been a floor standing ticket.
Sounds similar to eBay rules you sell something - get the money - send it.

However if you ain't got it you can't send it so refund the money to the buyer after you've informed both 'get me in' and the buyer the item listed is no longer for sale.

And that is the end of that - apart from tut and huff theirs nothing they can do about it?!
pennyfarthing88

Sounds similar to eBay rules you sell something - get the money - send … Sounds similar to eBay rules you sell something - get the money - send it.However if you ain't got it you can't send it so refund the money to the buyer after you've informed both 'get me in' and the buyer the item listed is no longer for sale. And that is the end of that - apart from tut and huff theirs nothing they can do about it?!

This, however they can enforce this with legal action, however they would need to take you to the small claims court which I doubt they will do.

joshp

This, however they can enforce this with legal action, however they would … This, however they can enforce this with legal action, however they would need to take you to the small claims court which I doubt they will do.

Assuming the OP is telling the truth there's no small claim to claim - the ticket never existed to sell so it's a straightforward refund open & shut case.

Nobody in there right mind will try and make a claim through the small claims court in a case where they simply can't win ( such as this one )
bigweapon07

If you aint got it you cant send it simple.

That's what I was thinking but that's not what Get Me In are saying.
pennyfarthing88

I'm trying to get my head round this post - surely just refund the buyer … I'm trying to get my head round this post - surely just refund the buyer if you never had the ticket to sell? And the site where your mum tried to buy you a ticket cannot enforce the sale of something at a higher price when in fact you didn't have the ticket in the first place - am I missing something here or what?

I would but it goes through Get Me In, they won't give me the buyers details & they're telling me they can't cancel the sale, I find it bizarre but that's the rules apparantely.
pennyfarthing88

Assuming the OP is telling the truth there's no small claim to claim - … Assuming the OP is telling the truth there's no small claim to claim - the ticket never existed to sell so it's a straightforward refund open & shut case.Nobody in there right mind will try and make a claim through the small claims court in a case where they simply can't win ( such as this one )

They won't give me the buyers information it's all through Get Me In website, I think it would be easy for them just to cancel the sale & refund the buyer but apparantely not according to their customer service.
DMUFC

They won't give me the buyers information it's all through Get Me In … They won't give me the buyers information it's all through Get Me In website, I think it would be easy for them just to cancel the sale & refund the buyer but apparantely not according to their customer service.

How did you pay get me in ? PayPal / debit card?
choc1969

I use getmein and you can't sell tix without seat numbers etc so how did … I use getmein and you can't sell tix without seat numbers etc so how did you post a ticket for sale ?!?!

It was a standing pitch ticket.
pennyfarthing88

How did you pay get me in ? PayPal / debit card?

I haven't paid them anything yet but yes I have a Paypal set up on my account, my thoughts were to just deactivate my GetMeIn account & let my bank know not to give them any money if they try.
DMUFC

I haven't paid them anything yet but yes I have a Paypal set up on my … I haven't paid them anything yet but yes I have a Paypal set up on my account, my thoughts were to just deactivate my GetMeIn account & let my bank know not to give them any money if they try.

I'm getting lost with this post - so you haven't paid get me in - who's paid who? The buyer has paid get me in allegedly and now they expect you to send the ticket that doesn't exist and then they'll pay you? Is that right?
Email them explaining you haven't got the ticket as it was never actually purchased and instruct your bank/cancel any payments they may take - problem solved.
pennyfarthing88

I'm getting lost with this post - so you haven't paid get me in - who's … I'm getting lost with this post - so you haven't paid get me in - who's paid who? The buyer has paid get me in allegedly and now they expect you to send the ticket that doesn't exist and then they'll pay you? Is that right? Email them explaining you haven't got the ticket as it was never actually purchased and instruct your bank/cancel any payments they may take - problem solved.

I haven't paid them, the buyer has bought the ticket & then I get the money after I have sent the ticket which will be in a few months time, I have told them I don't have the ticket but they won't listen, think I'll just cancel my account as there's not much they can do.
Didn't you read the T&C? Getmein are only asking what you agreed to pay them in the event of you not supplying the ticket. Why on earth did you sell something you didn't have in your possession - your mother can't have even had a confirmation email if her computer 'crashed'. And doesn't she know your travel plans anyway?

You can cancel your account but they still hold a means of charging you on file. If you cancel the card, close the account and they can't get paid, how far will they take it? Depends on how big the debt is, how much it costs them to purchase a replacement ticket plus admin fees. It may well be worth their while to pursue you and you could find yourself in a heap of financial trouble.
ceres

Didn't you read the T&C? Getmein are only asking what you agreed to pay … Didn't you read the T&C? Getmein are only asking what you agreed to pay them in the event of you not supplying the ticket. Why on earth did you sell something you didn't have in your possession - your mother can't have even had a confirmation email if her computer 'crashed'. And doesn't she know your travel plans anyway?You can cancel your account but they still hold a means of charging you on file. If you cancel the card, close the account and they can't get paid, how far will they take it? Depends on how big the debt is, how much it costs them to purchase a replacement ticket plus admin fees. It may well be worth their while to pursue you and you could find yourself in a heap of financial trouble.

Lots of people sell things they don't have yet, the tickets don't usually arrive until 4 weeks before the event anyway, my mother never bought the ticket but when I talked to her she was just about to pay for it but then her computer crashed, No she didn't know my travel plans as we're not that close but I did tell her, she obviously forgot.
DMUFC

Lots of people sell things they don't have yet,

Really? If you believe that, it's no surprise that you're in the situation you are. Did you read the T&C that you agreed to when you signed up with Getmein?
7.1 Replacement Fees. Replacement Fees. You will be charged a replacement fee by GET ME IN! if a Buyer accepts your offer for sale and those exact tickets are not available or are not delivered to the Buyer. The replacement fee will depend on how much it costs us to purchase comparable or better replacement tickets for the Buyer and can be significantly higher than your original listing price.

Regrettably, you don't seem to be left with a leg to stand on. It looks like you will be liable for the difference between what your buyer paid and the amount that Getmein can source an equivalent (or better!) ticket for. If they have your card details they will charge you.
Just a thought, it could be cheaper for you to source the cheapest standing ticket available for that night and supply as agreed. You don't know how much Getmein will end up paying for it.
Do what I did and tell them the ticket simply isn't available then CANCEL the credit/debit card you used to set up the account (or they WILL take money from you and LOTS of it) them simply ignore em if they continue to hound you.
traythegreat

Do what I did and tell them the ticket simply isn't available then CANCEL … Do what I did and tell them the ticket simply isn't available then CANCEL the credit/debit card you used to set up the account (or they WILL take money from you and LOTS of it) them simply ignore em if they continue to hound you.

Did that work for you? Do they still email you? Some people have been saying they could take me to court if I do that but it's doubtful.
boohai

Just a thought, it could be cheaper for you to source the cheapest … Just a thought, it could be cheaper for you to source the cheapest standing ticket available for that night and supply as agreed. You don't know how much Getmein will end up paying for it.

I think that's what I'd do in your position OP.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions