Trouble with www.Game.co.uk

Found 30th Nov 2012
I had downloaded a game a couple of months ago and had to move to another Hard Drive so had to uninstall and reinsall the game. I was fine with the games through Stream but had issues with Game.co.uk. as I had to contact them to ask to download the game.

I contacted Game.co.uk so I can download the game again and this is the conversation below
Community Updates
16 Comments
Original Poster
Me says:
My SSD is full so have to move the game and reinstall onto my HDD so I would need to download and reinstall.

Charlie says:
Hello Me. My name is Charlie how can I help you?

Me says:
My SSD is full so have to move the game and reinstall onto my HDD so I would need to download and reinstall. Charlie says:

Charlie says:
What?

Me says:
is there an easier way to do this like Stream does where you just can reinstall through them?
Me says:
My SSD is full so would need uninstall and move to another drive.

Charlie says:
Sorry, What are you talking about?

Me says:
my Solid State Drive is full so would need to uninstall the game and put it onto my Hard Drive.

Charlie says:
If you did you would loose your game

Me says:
so I would need to be sent a link to download the game again.

Charlie says:
unless its a steam or origin download
Charlie says:
We wouldnt be able to do that sadly

Me says:
I would like a full returns on the price I paid for the game then.

Charlie says:
Not possible

Me says:
I have done this before/
Me says:
but how do I reinstall then as I have paid for the game?

Charlie says:
especially if they are not faulty

Me says:
I still have bought the game so why cant I reinstall the game? So I would have to pay for the game again!!

Charlie says:
You have installed it already
Charlie says:
therefore we've done our part
Charlie says:
im sorry this is the case but there is nothing we can do

Me says:
yes but have to move the game to another hard drive as mine is full.
Me says:
though steam you can do this why not though this website.

Charlie says:
we're a game retailer not a publisher

Me says:
where are your t&c?
Me says:
but you still sell games to download.

Charlie says:
please contact the publisher if you would like to do this, i will re-issue your code but it wont work
Charlie says:
Whats your order number?

Me says:
hold on.
Me says:
I have said the same thing before and was emailed the code again and it worked.
Me says:
Activation code was the same I just had a link to download the game again.

Charlie says:
This has already been resent to you
Charlie says:
Unfortunately as you have not spoken to us for a while we have had to close the chat. If your query has not been resolved then please come back through and we will be happy to help.

Edited by: "noddle36" 30th Nov 2012
Original Poster
Then straight after my last comment they closed the chat.

Dont think I will be ordering from them again.
What game is it?

Does it require a CD key or anything?
Original Poster
simonturner69

What game is it?Does it require a CD key or anything?

The game was Tropico 4 and already have the Key that was sent though email when first bought the game.
The way he responded to you was completely out of order. I would be ringing/writing to their head office immediately with copies of the chat transcript. They would soon compensate you.
noddle36

The game was Tropico 4 and already have the Key that was sent though … The game was Tropico 4 and already have the Key that was sent though email when first bought the game.

If you know how to use torrents, you can just download it from a torrent site and use your key that you paid for.

I seriously would not bother contacting the publisher or even Game again.
Your english in that conversation was dreadfull, If I took that log I would have ended the conversation a lot earlier.
Original Poster
Cheers for your response I thought it was out of order to and sounds like they had no clue about what I was trying to say at first as it was clear enough. I might take this further and send this to the head office to see what they have to say.

I did try to call them but their phone lines are useless as you cant be put through to a human.

I will have to download from a torrent site then, just thought it might of be easier though them just to send me a link to download again but I was wrong.
Original Poster
olympians

Your english in that conversation was dreadfull, If I took that log I … Your english in that conversation was dreadfull, If I took that log I would have ended the conversation a lot earlier.

Im from Mars!!
noddle36

Im from Mars!!

That explains it. (_;)
I wouldn't take it any further in terms of a complaint; you were unclear in what you wanted and were terse and aggressive. He might have been wrong (I don't know their download policy) but you were totally ignoring what he was saying because you didn't like it. How was he meant to act?
Have you tried clicking on the original download link that was sent via email, or has that expired?

Sound like the CS representative was a little confused and handled this badly.
However your request wasn't particularly clear either.

Also: Stream? Painful
Edited by: "MBeeching" 30th Nov 2012
Original Poster
Domislice

I wouldn't take it any further in terms of a complaint; you were unclear … I wouldn't take it any further in terms of a complaint; you were unclear in what you wanted and were terse and aggressive. He might have been wrong (I don't know their download policy) but you were totally ignoring what he was saying because you didn't like it. How was he meant to act?

I had spoken to somebody before a few weeks ago about this and they had sent me an email to download the game with no issues. Just was a little surprised with not offering me the download as what I had paid for.

Was not trying to be terse and aggressive just tryed to make my point.
insert didn't read lol.gif
Original Poster
MBeeching

Have you tried clicking on the original download link that was sent via … Have you tried clicking on the original download link that was sent via email, or has that expired?Sound like the CS representative was a little confused and handled this badly.However your request wasn't particularly clear either.Also: Stream? Painful

The 2 links I was sent to download the game must be expired as they both send me to a blank page.

Next time I will have to read though what I am going to say as I probably in a little rush.
Just found this after Googling weather or not it was a good idea to buy a download from Game, I thought they might use steam but this sounds appalling.

I hope other people find this and avoid them.

Looks like steam is the only way to go for pc games now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions